Review: Shu Uemura Nail Polish in Karl Black+My Halloween Nails


Here's a review on Shu Uemura Nail Polish in Karl Black from the Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura Collection

PRICE: P1,000.00
BOUGHT FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Shu Uemura Alabang Town Center, Shu Uemura Powerplant Mall, Shu Uemura Trinoma, and Shu Uemura counters in Rustan's Malls

 THE VERDICT:

Hi folks! Do you already have any idea on what to wear this Halloween? My BF and I are currently planning our outfit for our annual Halloween Date Night. I think I'll just be wearing my Karl Lagerfeld falsies, and this polish and its decals.

 Shu Uemura's nail polish line is currently my priciest polish. It has beaten Deborah Lippmann by a few hundred bucks!

Click READ MORE for my detailed review, the swatches, and find out what nail design I'm sporting this Halloween!

Karl Black is black shade with multicolor glimmers, a shade which resonates the glamorous life of the famous Karl Lagerfeld.

Consistency is very fluid, and the glimmers are very minute and I like how they do not obstruct the fluidity of the polish. Pigmentation is very good. Drying time is pretty quick, although staying power is not so good. I've been wearing it for three days, and I could see mini chips on it already. Well, I also have to consider that I like scratching my nails on the table. :p (weird, I know) To solve this, I think an industrious top coat will seal the deal.

 All KL nail polishes come with a sheet of nail decals featuring Monshu Girl. The stickers are made from a semi- thick and soft kind of plastic. It transfers onto my nails effortlessly, and it feels more sturdy than cheap nail decals made from thin plastic strips. However, the bigger nail decals must be adjusted to the size of your nails. The width of the thicker nail decals are too small for my wide nails as well.

Check out the swatch and my nails for Hallow's Eve!

 Here's the nail swatch. The multicolor glimmers add a lovely metallic sheen to the base shade.

 Monshu on my thumb!

To keep the decals in place, I sandwich them in between a base coat and a top coat so they'll stay longer.

Here's my right hand.

So that's it for our Halloween nails of the day!

The Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura nail polish collection also has the shades Celebrity Beige and Monshu Red, but I think Karl Black is the more worthwhile purchase as it is the most unique among the three.

For more information about this product, please visit SHU UEMURA PHILIPPINES on Facebook.

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. very cute! I've been wanting to try something decal-like myself

    http://shortandsweetjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cool and looks pretty much easy for those who aren't good at nail art(like me!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so cute! love that monshu on your thumb :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Ang ganda ♥ I love that a lot of girls are channeling Mon Shu for Halloween. That gorgeous polish is definitely a must-have. Very elegant and chic!

    Xoxo,
    Melissa
    ThePinkMargarita

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe cute! cutie nung nail sticker, like the monshu :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Monshu on your nails is so cute! love the shade too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks girls! :D Lemme know what you're sporting this Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are all Shu Uemura polish priced at P1,000 or is this more pricey because of the Monshu decals and it's limited edition?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)