2012, bow.


Indeed, time flies so fast and before we know it, a year has ended already. We might have neglected and missed a couple of opportunities last 2012, but the good thing is it always feels like the biggest chance to start anew comes so fast. 2013 is here and finally, we can reset and restart.

I was told that 2012, the year of the dragon, was an unfavorable year for those who were born under this sign like me. But you know what? Despite all the not-so-good horoscope stuff I've read at the start of 2012, I told myself that I will turn my fate around--and turn my fate around I did. 2012 has been one of the best years in my life: I've finally graduated, my blog has blossomed into what it is now, met so many wonderful people who have taught me so many things about love, career, and life, and finally, I've embarked on a journey to spiritual growth. All of these, I owe to those who trusted me and my skills and of course, to the Infinite Intelligence--the true source of knowledge and prosperity in this universe.

I wanted to write a list of my resolutions for 2013, but I figured that for the past years I've been writing such, I always end up not doing them. So I just want to share a little milestone list of me and The Beauty Junkee for the bygone year and hopefully, as you and I read through it, we will all be reminded of how powerful we are if we only choose to be, and we can always be more than what we have imagined as long as we persevere, endure, and believe. :)

Denver and I have become brand ambassadors for The Purple Groom. If you're an avid reader of my blog, you know by now Denver's story. I'm sure he did not understand every single thing that was going on during the photoshoot, but I know he has felt the happy energy that emanated from me and all those who groomed and pampered him at The Purple Groom. It just feels so nice to give hope to a lovely mutt who once lost faith in his life two years ago as he suffered in his stinky, cramped cage in Cartimar. I love this dog so much. :) And oh, he wishes my readers a very prosperous and abundant 2013. :D


I've been luckily chosen as a brand ambassador for A!Life. As I've said, I've always wanted to inspire people to take on a healthier lifestyle and thank you so much to all those who made this possible. :)



Okay, here's a little secret. I've never thought of myself as fashionable so when Maybelline asked me to be part of their Do You Dare Fashion and Beauty campaign, it has helped me believe in another part of myself--my fashion sense, that is. Oh, I also got a chance to be a model too. I'm a frustrated model so thanks, Maybelline, for this one day modeling stint HAHA!



THIS. Ah, to be shot by Niccolo Cosme, one of the most talented photographers in the country is just pure heaven! (And that yummy Crunch Ice Cream I'm eating too. :D)


I was featured by Flawless Face and Body Clinic, one of the biggest aesthetic salons in the country in their Flawless e-zine Mother's Day May issue. :)


One of my most favorite brands, Nivea, has featured me again in one of their campaigns for 2012, Live Life With A Smile. Every time I think of this, I can't help but--SMILE! LOL! Nivea, thank you for always trusting me! :D


One time, I was walking around Greenbelt and a couple of fashion design students have approached me and asked if they could have my picture taken--they said it was for an online fashion portfolio. Since I liked my outfit and I didn't have anywhere to go to that time, I figured that it would be a waste if I'd just go home without making the most of my ensemble so I posed for them! That's one The Sartorialist moment right in there! The photo was featured in XING Street Fashion Project on Tumblr, by the way. :)

Got featured twice in Cosmo.ph. One is for A!Life, and the other is an interview for beauty bloggers. Thank you, Cosmo! :D




Photo Credits: earthlingorgeous.com

I've walked the runway for a Guinness record- breaking feat! Thanks to Ayala Malls, Feretti, and Liz Lanuzo for taking one off my bucket list!



I was luckily chosen as a Partner Blogger for Sample Room, one of the country's newest and fast- rising sampling websites. Thank you Sample Room--I feel so honored!

To Resorts World Manila and Studio 116 Dance School, thank you for entrusting me your major Social Media projects for 2012 and most especially, for enriching my skills and knowledge further!


Photo Credits: Arjohn Yabut

Just when I was about to conclude that the best things in my life had happened from August to November, here comes December packed with a huge surprise! Before my 2012 had ended, I was invited to be part of Nuffnang's Talent Program. I joined, of course--because I want to improve my blogging skills more! (And master the art of Photoshop. Teehee!)


Finally made one of my blog projects come true! Last June, (or was it July? Haha!) I had met with 10 of my avid readers in a mini Meet-And-Greet with The Beauty Junkee: We had so much fun talking about makeup and a lot of useful blogging tips. Whenever I recall this event, I always feel good because I was able to teach those who were relatively new to the blogging world, and inspire everybody in the process. The nicest part was, all my guests became friends in the end! :D Thank you to Shen of Shen's Addiction who had helped me execute this event, and to Sydney Go of Studio SnR, Sugar and Spice Candy Buffet, and Makeupholics. :) 

Photo Credits: Junica Soriano

The old adage goes: "Behind every successful man is a woman". I say, "Behind every successful woman is her man!" (no pun intended) To my better half who always tells me if my blush is too much, or my foundation is a little light or dark, and if a particular dress/piece of clothing looks good on me or not, thank you. You have been so supportive of me and my blog--You are more than I ever asked for. I love you! :D

And behind every successful person-neither man nor woman-is his mother. I love you ma! Thank you for believing in me! :D

My life had completely changed for the better when I've joined George Sison's Temple of Prayer, Peace and Prosperity: I've become more positive about life and to tell you guys the truth, this spiritual awakening I'm experiencing right now through the teachings at the TOPPP had activated all the marvelous things that has happened to me in 2012. :)

And last but not the least, THIS. I once told myself that starting 2012 henceforth, I will always reward myself with something valuable at the end of each year--something that will remind me of my successes, no matter how big or small. Dang, I actually thought that I wouldn't be able to acquire this baby but hey, hey, hey--it's now with me! We are meant to be! 

Anyway, this thing will always remind me of how blessed I was last year, and it just helps me realize every time that if I did it once, I could do it over and over again!

I might have missed a couple of small blessings in this post, but please don't think that I am not equally thankful for them--it's just that it will take me forever to finish this post if I try to remember everything! But whatever these blessings are-even if they're small or smallest-I am very, very grateful for everything. :) 

So what is the point of this post? Simple. I just want to say that your success is up to you--NOBODY as in NOBODY is responsible but YOU. Luck is a state of mind--and so is happiness, prosperity, abundance, bliss, and all the great things life has to offer. No matter how lucky or unlucky your are as per Feng Shui experts or horoscope predictions, the outcome of your life this 2013 will still boil down to one thing: YOUR WILLINGNESS TO SUCCEED. And if you couple it with sheer positivity and a steadfast faith in the divine, then congratulations, sister--sooner or later you're already at the top! :D

I wish you all the best things in this world this 2013. :)

Before I end this post, I just want to share my pledge for 2013:




Promise Yourself 

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.

To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

- Christian Larsen

Post a Comment

17 Comments

  1. This post is very inspirational, it makes me realize i dont need to read those freakin horoscopes~ i made my own destiny~ love u martha! more powers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Happy New Year Ms. Martha! Another set of best days is ahead of you for sure! ♥ love you Ms. M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY INSPIRATIONAL post as always Ms. Martha!

    So blessed to have all those abundant achievements and you are really deserving for that!

    You are truly a big inspiration to us in enhancing physical beauty and the attitude inside! :)

    Cheers! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. True that! Nobody else is in charge of their own success unless you work your ass off. I'm so inspired reading this post I will definitely push myself this year until i reach my destination. Thanks! continue to be an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its very inspiring :) If I could paint your life in a canvas it will be full of rainbows. Happy New year Martha!

    -eyah :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really deserve all the blessings you got, Ms. Martha. Thank you for always inspiring us. I totally agree with you, success is up to us and nobody is responsible but ourselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2012 has been good to you, hopefully 2013 will too

    http://getbetterinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post was very heartwarming :) Have a very blessed 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nainspired ako sa achievement mo Ms. Martha!2012 is blessed year to you.Keep on posting and make a blasts for 2013.Happy New Year!Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your 2012 success! You are such an inspiration among other bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW It was indeed a fab your for you, Martha! So happy to see sweat and hardwork come to fruition. You are an inspiration to all of us. Keep it up and God bless! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one inspiring post! Happy new year and more power to you as you continue to inspire and help people especially women through your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2012 was such a fruitful year for you :) Wishing you an abundance of blessings and happiness!

    I'm in awe when it comes to how your blog has evolved and grown. Always been a fan since it started. I also appreciate the fact that you stand up for what you believe in, and your thoughts are genuine. Another highlight is meeting you in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto!!!! Thanks for inspiring us and more power this year! Claim it! ��❤

    April

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a jam-packed year for you Ms. Martha :) Lots of wonderful things happened to you.

    I will always remember and keep in mind and heart all you've written. Thanks for being an inspiration. May your 2013 be more SUCCESSFUL! Keep on writing inspirational posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denver is so cute and photogenic :) Happy new year to you Martha

    Beauty Colada

    ReplyDelete
  17. seeing photos above.. napa-wow talaga ako dahil.. sa dami ng achievements mo ms martha =) hope you could gain more features this 2013 and more blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)