Project Yolanda/Haiyan: Help The Super Typhoon Victims Now!


Photo Credits: newsinfo.inquirer.net

I kept on thinking that Super Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan's effect wasn't that bad, until I saw CNN-they've been having several special segments on Typhoon Haiyan's effect on the Philippines, constantly updating the world on the latest issues and concerns of the ones affected by this heartbreaking disaster. Don't get me wrong, I am not being a complete a**hole here-I was thinking like that because deep inside, I was fervently hoping that the disaster wasn't THAT bad, but indeed, it was. :( Typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan almost wiped out the Visayas region, especially Tacloban. :'(

One of my dear Beauty Blogger friends, Julia of Bless My Bag, had this swell idea: she furnished widgets that will automatically redirect you to the main sites that are concerned about helping the ones affected by this super typhoon. Just one click, and you can donate or contribute help in any form easily.


There's a Google Person Finder widget where you will be redirected to the site so you can help the soldiers, police, and volunteers in searching for the thousands more who are missing. Regardless if they're dead or alive, they need to be found.

If you are blessed financially, you can also donate money via Red Cross. Your money will go a long way in building homes and assisting the victims with their health and medical concerns.

CNN just reported that looting is now a pervading problem in Tacloban because the relief goods are taking so long to arrive and there is also a lack of it already-people cannot wait any longer and they're suffering from thirst and hunger, as well as their families. Your donation to the World Food Programme will put an end to this.

If you can't afford to donate money right now, I'm sure you have some items in your homes that you are not using anymore. Put them to good use by donating them to the victims of the super typhoon. Nuffnang Philippines has opened their doors to all material donations such as food and clothing. You can bring them to Nuffnang's Office in Unit 2E03, Building 5, Bonifacio High Street, BGC, Taguig City from November 11- 15, 2013. You can also bring them to the Blogopolis 2013 #IntoTheWild event on November 16, 2013, 10am-10pm at Grand Ballroom, Intercontinental Manila. You can also go the extra mile by buying a ticket to the event as all its proceeds will go to the #YolandaPH Movement. Blogopolis is this year's largest gathering of the most influential people in local social media-not only you will learn a lot, you will also get to help thousands of people too. So please support this event. Nuffnang is also taking in cash donations. You can bring it directly to their office in BGC, or donate via Paypal HERE.

As for the widgets, you can find them on the right column of my page so just click away.

I am sincerely asking for your help in this, also to my foreign readers in Asia and the Americas. I am also encouraging everyone to share this blog post to your social media sites. It's time that we start moving.

Thank you very much in advance!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Sobrang nakakaawa sila Ms. M. :( started giving money sa church namin since may 13th month na then volunteer sa repacking. sobrang nakakaawa sila. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I no longer wanted to watch the news or look at FB status or social media updates... I really get disheartened... Sobrang babaw ng luha ko, minsan di nalang mapigilan maiyak.. I can't imagine for it to happen to my family.
    Although, in a way, was glad that almost everbody, even neighborig countries are helping us. Yun nalang talaga yung redeeming factor.
    Our company is also putting up a project and in my own little way , I would also like to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to help sa kanila.. kahit sa simpleng bagay/gamit na pwede naming maitulong para sa knila.. seeing a lot of videos and photos sa mga social media, nakakalungkot.. sa mga ganitong panahon kailangan nating magtulungan at maging aware sa pangangailangan ng mga nasalanta ng bagyo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my....=( God Bless the Philippines. I know we can recover as long as we help one another =)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)