Hey, everyone! I'm in Singapore today to know more about Pantene's latest innovations. I'm leaving today for Manila as well so energy cells, let's do this! :D

So our FMF today is from Anisah, one of my avid readers. Her question is really fun that I had to make time today to answer it. Here it goes:


Hi Ms. Martha!

I’m a fan of yours and I really love reading your blog posts since the last couple of years. I’m so curious about your life as a Beauty Blogger. Is there any chance where you feel hopeless especially when you first started posting?

Hoping for your response. Have the best day today!

Anisah




Hi Anisah!

Thank you for being a loyal fan! I hope to meet you soon. :) Boy, this is one of the best questions I've received so far because it made me reflect on what I really do and what my life really is as a Beauty Blogger. I won't beat around the bush any longer so click READ MORE for my insights. ;)

Photo Credit: modernhealthproject.com

As A Beauty Blogger...there is the pressure to look good all the time because hey, I blog about BEAUTY--it's like having a pimple or a bad hair day is a mortal sin. I used to worry so much about this, but after 6 years of Blogging? I could not care less anymore. In fact, I enjoy baring my dark spots, eye bags, and zits here on the blog because they do more justice to my reviews, most especially skin care reviews.

Photo Credit: lovethispic.com

As A Beauty Blogger...makeup is not an item anymore-it's life to me now and it's not because I am dependent or obsessed, but because I am passionate about it. Well, I can still go out with little to no makeup, but for the most part, I wear makeup because I just.love.makeup.

Photo Credit: pinterest.com

As A Beauty Blogger...seeing my favorite makeup stores like Watsons, Rustans, and Beauty Bar makes me giddy like a child. I've been to these places for prolly a hundred times already, but I still get excited every time I visit them. 

Photo Credit: beauty2015.net

As A Beauty Blogger...I can never have enough makeup. I think this meme is pretty self- explanatory.

Photo Credit: someecards.com

As A Beauty Blogger...it's automatic for me to zoom in on and worry about ladies with jagged contours, stark white foundation, thread- like brows, and clumpy mascara. I fantasize about going up to them and pointing out or correcting their makeup boo-boo, thus making the world a happier place. And since I don't have the guts to do that, I just secretly pray that they discover my blog, particularly my HOW TO blog posts! :)

Photo Credit: thefirstecho.com

As A Beauty Blogger...I always fall prey to misconceptions and generalizations. Misconceptions like I only do this for the free stuff and perks, and generalizations like I'm just like any typical Millenial: unemployed and trying to pass off what I do as work. I have to put up with these most of the time, but I learned to just shake them off because they're not true: I've been blogging before it got cool and even if I am always privileged to experience all these media perks, I am not a leech and a freeloader. I work (and hard at that) for my money and I have enough to support myself-these are what's true so to hell with all the generalizations and misconceptions about me (take note, I'm saying these with a smile. :D).

Was there a time when I felt hopeless when I started posting? I don't remember anymore. Now that I'm trying to recall real hard if there was a time wherein I felt hopeless-hopeless as in if there were people who actually cared about my blog-I think there was none. I started Blogging just to entertain myself and I did not care if I had readers or not.

So did I ever feel hopeless in the middle of my Blogging career? Not hopeless because I know why I'm Blogging (and that is I love makeup and teaching), but tired sometimes because ya know, The Beauty Junkee is just a one- woman team. :) But there's nothing that new makeup cannot fix for me! :D

That's all! I had fun answering your question, Anisah. Toodles!

**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to martha.stabarbara@yahoo.com or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)