Gucci Bloom EDP: A perfect wedding perfume!

Gucci Bloom EDP review, price


PRICE: Around P4,000+
FROM: Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at sephora.com

Gucci Bloom EDP: A perfect wedding perfume morena filipina perfume blog
 THE VERDICT:

Gucci is one of my most favorite brands of the year; gotta give it to them for that amazing comeback! That's why purchasing something from Gucci was part of my itinerary when I visited Los Angeles this year. I bought Gucci Dionysus and while my SA was packing the bag, I looked around and the perfume lover in me gravitated to the perfume section and I saw the Gucci Bloom collection. I picked up Gucci Bloom EDP and the moment I smelled it, it was pure love, like I was transported to a garden filled with white flowers! I wish I came across this perfume before my wedding!


Gucci Bloom EDP: A perfect wedding perfume morena filipina perfume blog
Gucci Bloom collection aims to celebrate the vitality, authenticity, and diversity of women. Gucci Bloom EDT is the debut fragrance of the collection followed by Bloom Nettare Di Fiori (sensual, warm), Bloom Acqua Di Fiori (light, airy), and a hair mist in the original Bloom fragrance.

First of all, I fell in love with the bottle just because it's so Millennial LOL. Another thing that has drawn me into the fragrance is the packaging artwork and scent profile follow the 70s-meet-modern branding of Gucci, which I really love.

Gucci Bloom EDP's notes have Sambac Jasmine, Tuberose, Chinese Honeysuckle, and Rangoon Creeper, a flower originating from India that evolves from white, pink, then red and has a powdery fragrance; Gucci said it is the first time Rangoon Creeper was ever used in a fragrance and it's proudly in Bloom EDP.

The fragrance is a heady mix of white flowers; the moment you take a whiff, the imagery of a huge bouquet of white flowers will instantly flash in your head; after a few seconds, the fragrance dries down into a soft, powdery floral and remains this way all throughout. It's pretty, classy, and heartwarming at the same time; that said, that makes Gucci Bloom EDP a great wedding perfume.

The scent has cool and warm facets to it, making it a great day to night scent.

The scent is mainly Jasmine and Tuberose with a hint of Honeysuckle in the background; some said it smelled like a church or a funeral but I.BEG.TO.DIFFER; we don't need this kind of negativity in life LOL, but seriously, Gucci Bloom EDP is a scent that reminds you both of the gentle yet powerful force of a woman (think power suits in white) and the radiant beauty of a bride on her most special day. 

I also love that Alberto Morillas (the nose behind this fragrance) was able to make Jasmine and Tuberose somewhat wearable for the younger generation (I just learned that Morillas created this fragrance; that's why I love it; almost all of the fragrances I have loved were conceptualized by Alberto Morillas).

As for the technical aspect of the perfume, it has very decent staying power; about 3 hours so I prefer spraying it on the warm parts of my skin; it's high sillage anyway so no need to douse yourself in it.

If you're not a fan of floral fragrances, you may want to check out Acqua Di Fiori instead for an easy, light perfume. 

How I wish I learned about Gucci Bloom EDP before I got hitched; it would have been the perfect wedding fragrance for me. I highly suggest this perfume as an option for your future wedding because it makes you feel classy, radiant, and most of all, puts you in the perfect mood to get married!

GUCCI BLOOM EDP RATING

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. perfect gift for a bride hihi... maganda box nya ah, looks pa lng alam mo nang magugustuhan mo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)