Best Cameras According to Content Creators


I was looking at cameras the other day and was hit by this idea for today's blog post.

Content Creators have been known for their fine photos and videos; after all, this is what our job is all about and that is to create beautiful, engaging content.

Cameras play a huge role in the creation of content and one of the questions I always see on the comments section on Youtube videos, Instagram posts, and blog posts is: "WHAT CAMERA ARE YOU USING?" I always get this too!

So I decided to do this fun blog post with my content creator friends. They shared with us their best camera picks and reasons why they love them!

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines
1. MAE LAYUG AND CANON EOS M50
Youtuber (maelayug)

For me it is the lens which plays a very big role in the quality of the video. I’ve been a Canon user since I’ve started—from Canon G7X to Canon EOS M6 and now to Canon EOS M50 with Sigma 16mm f/1.4 lens. Cameras with flip screen is a must for content creators so you can make sure you’re in focus etc., but if you have extra budget you can purchase camera monitors or just a regular TV as a monitor.

I love the side flipscreen because I can still mount my wireless microphone to the hotshoe on top. I also love that it is touch screen so I can easily touch focus and adjust anything with just a touch. I also love that you can attach sigma lens with canon mounts to it—but be careful, the camera is very lightweight and some lenses are quite heavy. For me, sigma has the best lenses so I really make sure to check the weight first before I buy to make sure my camera can carry it. For me, sigma has the best lenses so I really make sure to check the weight first before I buy to make sure my camera can carry it.

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines
2. RODEL FLORDELIZ AND IPHONE X AND UP AND SONY A6400

iPhone X and up - It shoots at 4k, very handy, has an optical image stabilization and a large space capacity. Aside from that easy to transfer to my laptop and ohh I can directly mobile edit

Sony A6400 - I saved money just to be able to purchase this camera. The camera is really suited for vloggers cause of the flip screen feature and it offers 24.2 APS-C CMOS sensor with the ability to shoot 4K videos. It also got this brand new Real-time Tracking and Real-time EyeAF technology.

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines
3. KENNY MANALAD AND CANON EOS M50
Youtuber (kennymanalad)

I like it because compared to my previous camera 700d it’s way smaller and lighter. Perfect siya for filming sit down videos and also for outdoor vlogging. Aside from that another thing na gusto ko is that you can also change the lens unlike other vlogging cameras. Basically it’s like a dslr but better kasi same sa dslr with mirrorless cameras you can also play with the settings and achieve the same quality na kayang makuha with professional cameras.

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines
4. MARTHA STA. BARBARA AND CANON G7X MARK II
Blogger, Entrepreneur (Instagram: thebeautyjunkee)

- I've always wondered how come some of my influencer friends can achieve camera-like quality for Instagram photos with just their smartphones. A friend told me that indeed, those were camera- shot pictures and since then, I've been looking for a camera that can allow me to transfer photos easily to my smartphone. Canon G7X Mark II was one of the most famous vlogging and photography cameras about three or four years ago and when I learned that it can transfer photos to iPhone quickly with the WiFi option, I checked it out right away and ended up purchasing.

Aside from the speedy transfer of photos, this is indeed one of the best cameras for content creators because it's compact, thus easier to bring around most especially in events, screen flips to 180 degrees  and tilts as well, has a powerful built- in microphone that picks up sound clearly and has good noise filtration for videos with crisp, audible sound, has the 4:3 frame option, which is the size of Instagram photos so you can upload your content asap once transferred, and captures colors as true to life as possible. 

Canon, to me, has a warm photo setting and I find that it works best for my skin tone. Overall, this is one of the best cameras for beginner vloggers and even seasoned ones who are looking for a compact yet strong alternative camera.

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines
5. GEN-ZEL DE LAS ALAS AND CANON EOS M50

Multipurpose camera for photos and vlogging since it's handy, with flip-screen, changeable lens, supports 4k, has wireless connectivity which makes it easier to transfer photos to phone or laptop.

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines
6. TRIXIE ESGUERRA- BUGIA AND FUJIFILM XT20 AND SONY A6500

Photography - Fujifilm XT20 - fujifilm takes really good photos. Stemming from old school photography and creating reliable and powerful cameras since the beginning of time (lol), photos taken with fujifilm has wonderful colors. I love how the XT-20 is very easy to use - even newbies wont have a hard time understanding all the functions of this camera. One click will give you a stunning result. Sometimes you don’t even need to put on a filter on the photos

Video - I use a Sony A6500 for videos. Sony cameras for me aren’t user friendly, actually. It’ll take you a day or two to learn the gadget, but I super love how fine the results are that you get from a Sony cam when it comes to video. You can actually shoot an indie-film quality video with an A6500 - and that’s not even the high end model of the brand! What I love about my A6500 is that I can manipulate the colors of my video without having to sacrifice the quality.

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines
7. KYLE JIMENEZ AND CANON EOS M50
Photographer, Blogger (itskylejimenez.blogspot.com)

It's a mirrorless camera which makes it lightweight and travel friendly. 

I know it sounds cliché, but the best camera is the one you have now.

This camera is good for beginners. I love the build quality of the Canon M50. It feels solid but lightweight, which makes it perfect for vlogging and traveling. It can also produce good quality photos (tip. Invest on lens!). The tilt screen is a big help for taking photo and video. Last is, it can transfer photos and video using WiFi, which is perfect for updating your social media accounts on the go.

Best cameras according to Filipino content creators morena blog philippines

8. RUTH DELA CRUZ AND FUJIFILM XT20

Blogger, (ruthdelacruz.com)

I love Fujifilm Cameras. My first blogging camera was the Fujifilm X-A2. I am currently using Fujifilm X-T20 (with Fujinon 35 mm 1.4 Lens) to take lifestyle photos, products shots, and record videos.

When I purchased the Fujifilm X-T20, I want to make sure that my friends (or even my parents) would also find it easy to use the camera (especially when there is a need to ask them to take my photos for my blog and social media platforms).

The Fujifilm X-T20 is an uncomplicated camera and it feels good in my hands - easy to grip and stylish. It is extremely important for me to carry something light-weight, durable and does the work - especially when I am out or traveling.

It captures the true colors of the subject with advanced auto-focus features. I love the view-finder which is useful when shooting outside in bright conditions; while the Touch Shot function (in the LCD Monitor) is very helpful whenever I ask my (non-Instagram) friends to take my photos.

It is very easy to use - working like a point-and-shoot camera, yet it also has advanced modes that you can instantly select especially when taking quick shots in different conditions.

I also love recording videos with it. It adds a little "drama" and texture on my videos.

9. MIMI OREJANA AND CANON 5D
Youtuber (mimiorejana)

 I’m using canon 5D Mark IV and canon 24-70mm lens for my beauty vids. I love them!

Hopefully this list has helped you in case you are looking at buying your very first camera or you're upgrading!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Ang cool ng mga specs ng camera 💖 thank you for this information Ms. Martha! 💖 I love photography and graphic designing. Hopefully when I have my work, I can buy my own camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there this US vlogger who suggested the Canon EOS M50 too. Great post Ms Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canon fuji and sony 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not even close as a vlogger, but I had been searching for the perfect camera. I share the same thoughts with you, Ms. M, like how do they achieve such hq photos even when uploaded on ig. I had I think four camera unit changes already. When I started working, I purchased a Canon DSLR (already forgot the model) but it was too heavy and takes time to transfer photos as it didn't have the wifi feauture. Then, I switched to Fujifilm using my work bonus money, that was XA-3. From there, I sold it and bought Sony. I was closed to buying your recommended Canon G7X, that was what I wanted, but getting to the store, I don't know! I suddenly bought Sony �� Since all the ECQ and I lost my job, I did sell some stuff, including my cam. So far, I've tried Leica camera from a friend and it was the best one for me. Seeing through the recommendations from the expert vloggers, it seems there's some commonality about Canon Eos M50. I am hoping I'd get to have one (camera) again in time.
    This is a good read. It's always good to hear from the experts. Keep creating!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)