COVID 19 OMICRON DIARIES: 10 day isolation experience + My Symptoms

 

COVID 19 OMICRON DIARIES: 10 day isolation experience + My Symptoms morena filipina lifestyle blog
After two years of trying to avoid COVID-19 while trying to live my life, I got it last January 2022. It wasn't a welcome experience since we just came from the same ordeal last September 2021; we went through so much stress and major adjustments in our daily routines and it's something that we don't want to experience anytime soon, but it happened.

Thankfully, I have survived the experience unscathed. I've documented my experience below and shared what I did religiously for 10 days to recover properly from Omicron.

DAY 1: Felt very dizzy, body ache was through the roof, temperature was between 37-39, and it did not help that I took my booster shot on the day that I suspected that I contracted Omicron plus it was the first day of my period. To say that I was in extreme pain is an understatement...I did not know how I was able to survive the three as they beat up my body!

DAY 2: Dizziness started to peak. I couldn't concentrate on words and letters for 30 minutes straight without getting dizzy. Fever went away and wet cough started.

DAY 3-5: Wet cough peaked around this time, but thankfully, no more fever. Dizziness was still there and stomach upset occurred. My asthma was triggered around this time because my cough sounded like an asthma cough, not just a regular cough anymore.

DAY 6-7: Wet cough started to ease up, but asthma was still there. Dizziness was significantly minimized.

DAY 8-9: Wet cough went away, but asthma remained. Dizziness was very tolerable around this time. Still experiencing stomach upset.

DAY 10: Still had asthma cough (it lasted for about 3 weeks since infection). Stomach upset was minimized (went away by day 15). No more dizziness.

To sum up my experience, it was very manageable, but I can't deny, the anxiety was there; I think the mental toll of the disease is what gets most people; all that constant thinking about the disease causes stress, which brings your immune system down further, delaying recovery. Sticking to a religious supplement- taking routine, taking enough rest, monitoring your oxygen and breathing, eating healthy, taking breathing exercises, and trying to shift my attention from my condition to happier, more positive things have helped me recover within the 10- day period.

And most of all, I do believe that being vaccinated has helped strengthen and prepare my body to fight the disease.

I hope this will help you in case you have the same experience (but I hope you don't get it!). Stay safe and always remember to practice basic health and safety protocols, ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS, take your supplements religiously, and GET VACCINATED.

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Nagkaron din ako nito pero walang sintomas hanggang isang araw nagising ako ng walang pang amoy, nagkusot kasi ako uniform dko maamoy yung detergent soap knowing na madali akong mabahing kapag sobrang bango, nagpanic ako kumuha ng pabango tapos inispray ko sa kamay ko dko talaga maamoy pati off lotion (sobrang maamoy sa akin ng off lotion) pero dko talaga maamoy mga three days din yun day after pati panlasa nawala. Nag isolate ako from my daughter kasi nakakatakot. Kumpleto ako ng vaccine pero tinamaan pa din ng sakit, siguro kahit di na I-require ang pag pe-facemask ay magpe-facemask pa din kami bilang protection sa paglabas labas, just in today nakapagpavaccine ang 10yr old ko. Ingat palagi ms M 🥰

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)