Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom EDP Review

Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom EDP review

PRICE: Around P8,900

FROM: LOOK At Me SM MOA, Pasay City

OTHER LOCATIONS: Rustans, Jo Malone boutiques 

Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom EDP Review morena filipina perfume blog
THE VERDICT:

For the longest time, my HG Jo Malone fragrance is Nectarine Blossom and Honey. I still love it, but I've been meaning to find another JML scent that I'll love-that, plus I wanted a night time perfume alternative to my current HG, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle; something that's softer and warm, floral yet with a touch of something unique; I'm having a thing lately for perfumes that have an interesting, dominant note, something that sort of kicks among an amalgam of floral notes.

I've finally decided on a new Jo Malone perfume favorite, after a series of sniffing visits to their boutiques that left me feeling kinda' 'meh': Mimosa and Cardamom. I wasn't truly able to appreciate this before, but one fateful day, I decided to try it on and magically, it worked for me!

Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom was launched in 2015 with Marie Salamagne. Top note is Cardamom, middle note is Mimosa, and base note is Tonka Bean.

Jo Malone is really the queen of beautiful linear scents, or fragrances that tend to smell absolutely (or generally) consistent all throughout wear and I love what she did with Mimosa and Cardamom. Mimosa is one of my favorite florals because of its soft, powdery fragrance and sunny, golden appeal. Mimosa is a beautiful summer fragrance, but oftentimes, I would wonder if I could ever wear it at night. Jo Malone made it happen.

This fragrance starts powdery and flowery, and after a few seconds cardamom starts to envelop the fragrance and in the course of its journey, would make itself known and give this interesting, spice kick. Tonka Bean just lends a soft base to keep the fragrance warm and balanced all throughout.

Mimosa and Cardamom is giving me that sophisticated-indie vibe, think Alexa Chung and Kaia Gerber vibes. It's for the classy woman with a timeless style, but isn't afraid to add spice to her wardrobe and style-she's the one who will wear a crisp suit, but in an interesting cut and pair it with either a chunky pair of loafers or studded heeled clogs rather than Manolos.

Staying power is good; after 4 hours, I can still smell the perfume on me, though sillage is weak. I love perfumes with a strong sillage, but JML isn't really the perfume brand that's known for this. Well, I can work with intimate fragrances. Great for day and night wear.

Overall, LOVE Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom; it smells classy and adventurous, plus I love the fact that I can finally wear Mimosa at night.

Have you tried this perfume already? What are your thoughts?

JO MALONE MIMOSA AND CARDAMOM EDP RATING

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. Grave Yung prize nya pang Isang buwan Ng sahod Ng Lip ko. Hehe 😂 Ang kagabdahan Kase sa mamahalin matagal din maalis Yung Amoy kaya sulit talaga. Wala pa akong na try na mamahalin Hanggang tag 150 lang Ang pabango ko. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent tried Jo Malone pero naaamoy ko ito sa kapatid ko bumibili kasi sya ng mga decant para matry muna if okay sa body chemistry nya. 8k for this whooping scent is sakto lang though pinakamahal ko na nabili na pabango ay less than 2k hehe pikit mata pero if collection or mahilig talaga sa pabango why not. Para naman din kasi silang alak na di naman agad nasisira 💕💕💕

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)