PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR IN 147 (HAZELNUT)

Here's an initial review on YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR IN 147 (HAZELNUT).


PRICE: 1350PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTAN'S MAKATI

OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTAN'S SHANGRI- LA


THE VERDICT:

I've told you guys that my lemming for a Rouge Volupte died since the lipstick disappointed me. Well, just for the heck of it and for my love for everything gold- plated, I decided to include a YSL lipstick as part of my lipstick project. 


I always find the color selection of YSL's lipstick weird because they all make my teeth look too garish. Rouge Pur 127 is a lovely magenta color but it would work in a fewer selection of colors so I decided to get Hazelnut (147). 


I always end up liking Out of stock items so I was glad to get the last piece yesterday. There were only 4 stocks that arrived last Friday and a lady bought 3 pieces of 147 an hour before I came. The gay SA told me "Saleable talaga 'tong color na 'to ma'm, buti nakuha mo yung last." Oh yes, I am very lucky indeed. Read on to know why.


I've browsed the YSL's site yesterday and found out that the Rouge Pur line is one of their Star Products. It has been multi- awarded by several beauty magazines because of the lovely texture and consistency.

Indeed, it is worth awarding. Let's now look at the product.

Skin Swatch

It comes with a pamphlet that states how precious this lipstick is. It is composed of minerals that lets the pigment stay true to the lips while keeping the puckers smooth and soft all day long. True enough, the consistency is very creamy. It glides like butter on my lips without looking too messy and the best part of all, it feels lightweight on the lips! It feels like your not wearing lipstick at all! The moisturizing formula keeps my lips flake- free. It does have a nice perfume scent. However, it does impart a slight lipstick taste so if this bugs you a lot, then I suggest you think twice before purchasing. But for me, it doesn't bother me at all! Maybe the fabulous lipstick consistency made me completely forget the lipstick taste.

Oops! Sorry for the uneven application. :P

Hazelnut is a toffee brown color. It is somewhere between a nude brown and a brown lipstick. It has a very very slight peach tone that makes this stand out a bit. And this is such a good color to add to my Browns collection.


And yes, it does stay on for hours on my lips. The color was still vibrant after hours of wear! It lessened my lipstick retouching sessions in the powder room.


Would I buy this again? Yes Yes Yes! I love the color and the overall feel of the lipstick. Surprisingly, it turned out to be one of my best purchases yesterday (Second to the Longchamp bag).


It's worth trying this one and since this has great quality in terms of pigment pay- off, I'm pretty sure this tube will go a long way. :)

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. omg! is that a nude lipstick??? =D me likeyyyyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, is it nude? Oh my! It's pretty. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen and Pammy: well, it could pass off as a nunde lipstick but it has a slight toffee color that makes the color pop out nicely. :) it might appear hazelnut to fair skinned ladies but it's a good nude for morena ladies. but still, try it! it's such a lovely color! i suggest you try 142 tea rose which i think will suit fair skinned ladies more. cream nude lipsticks tend to wash me out so i stick with peach- beige nudes. :)

    i love rouge pur! i'm lemming for one more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)