So the Economy's not going anywhere near better and make- ups are not getting any cheaper. So here are a few tips on how to RECESSION- PROOF YOUR BEAUTY BAG
IT IS QUITE UNWISE TO BACK- UP PRODUCTS
- So you have your favorite Nars eyeshadow. Then you're freaking out that it might go Out of Stock so you bought 4 back- ups. Backing up products are not bad as long as you don't waste money for it. Make- ups have shelf lives so if you're backing up a product, make sure it's the one you need and use the most. There's no use backing up products that you find cute. Chances are, you might get tired of 'em so you'll more or less end up selling your back- ups. Don't worry, companies announce beforehand if they are discontinuing a product. If it's something that you really like, just buy one or two or try discovering other brands. I'm sure they have tons of products that are worth checking out.
THERE'S ONE IN EVERY BRAND
- Maybelline has becoming the leading brand in terms of producing mascaras, Ever Bilena has great eyeliners and Avon has quite a range of quality lipsticks. Your eyeliner or mascara doesn't have to be MAC or MUFE always. I wouldn't spend 800 bucks for an eyeliner because not all of the expensive ones are exceptional. So if you're planning to use Parure Extreme Foundation as your HG, you have to degrade some products if you want to save. For me, I'd go for an Ever Bilena Eyeliner and a Maybelline Mascara so I could get another tube of MAC lipstick. There will always be one exceptional product in every brand, whether cheap or expensive.
BUY WISELY, SPEND LESS
- So the Bobbi Brown Foundation is a shade lighter than your skin tone because your shade went OOS. You're thinking that you would just have to apply a sheer amount and top it with a powder of your skin match to balance the foundation shade out. This is quite unwise. It will really show if you're wearing the wrong kind of foundation because natural lighting can be such a bitch. And to remedy the wrong shade you got, you'll buy another powder to match it with your skin tone, which is another expense for your wallet. So before you think of getting that foundation that's a shade lighter than your skin tone, I suggest you wait for new stocks or better yet, reserve yours. Who knows? You might use the money in the coming days because you'll never know when you will be needing it the most.
A TIME WELL- SPENT IS A MONEY WELL- SAVED
- It proves wise and valuable to spend some time checking every foundation or powder shade before purchasing one. Don't rely too much on SAs. They'll try their best to sell the product even if they know that it won't match your skin tone. Everyone's trying to earn nowadays. I suggest you do the jaw swatch test. Get a shade and apply it on your jaw until the lower part of your neck so you could gauge if it will even out your skin tone. So set a time for your make- up shopping, then carefully criticize each shade if you're buying foundations or powders. The 30- mins. I spent in a MUFE store to get my HD Foundation has saved me from buying the wrong foundation. And I'm lovin' it! Make it a habit to criticize the shades well.
THE 20- MINUTE RULE
- So you saw a cute Guerlain meteorites priced at 3500php. You can't get it off your mind but you're saving for your dream Clarisonic. Here's the 20- minute rule. Get out of the store and wander for 20 minutes. If it slipped off your mind without you noticing it unless you recognize the thought again, chances are, you don't really like it. You just found it cute and unique. So at least that saved you 3500php. But if you can't get it off your mind and you think about it after every 5 minutes, then it's time to get it because you really like it and will most likely use it always.
I HOPE THIS ENTRY HELPS YOU IN RECESSION- PROOFING YOUR BEAUTY BAG. FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS AND TIPS ON HOW TO RECESSION- PROOF IT MORE! BEAUTY DOESN'T HAVE TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THE LIST JUST BECAUSE OF OUR WORSE FINANCIAL SITUATION. IT'S A MATTER OF KEEPING IN MIND WHAT'S IMPORTANT AND HAVING DISCIPLINE WHEN IT COMES TO SHOPPING. :)
BEAUTY FACT: LIPSTICK PRICES WILL MOST LIKELY GO UP BECAUSE THEY ARE A WOMAN'S LITTLE LUXURIES.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.