PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LAURA MERCIER OIL- FREE TINTED MOISTURIZER IN ALMOND

 

 

 

 

 

Here’s an initial review on LAURA MERCIER OIL- FREE TINTED MOISTURIZER IN ALMOND

PRICE: 1850PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTANS, ALABANG TOWN CENTER

OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS, MAKATI; SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS


THE VERDICT:

 So LM’s TM is probably the product that made them famous. It’s claim to fame is that, it has the feel and texture of a moisturizer but with a coverage and staying power of a foundation. It just improves skin’s color without looking too unnatural, yet still, looking healthy and beautiful. It’s like you’re somewhere between wearing and not wearing any foundation at all, which makes this a great product for everyday use.

 And I decided to grab a tube yesterday. My shade match is Almond, which is their darkest shade. I told you guys before that I won’t be purchasing any face products from LM anymore because of their pink- toned shade range. But it goes differently for their foundations. Their foundations have a wide variety of shades and surprisingly, there are some yellow or golden- toned shades in the selection.

 The saleslady told me that Almond was already OOS and she recommended Sand, I was a bit hesitant because Sand is a bit lighter than Almond, and though the difference wasn’t huge, I’m afraid that the color pay- off it will effect differently on my face. So I just told the SA “Di bale, next time na lang.” Then when I was about to walk away, the SA shouted: “AY MA’M! May stock pa po pala!” She said that the last stock was hidden in the deep part of the stock cabinet and lady luck was on my side. True enough, I was one lucky gal, but I can’t say the same thing for my wallet. :p

 So let’s now criticize the product. First and foremost, the Tinted Moisturizer comes in 2 types: The regular, which is in a white- silver tube and the oil- free, which is in the brown tube. Both have the same price but since I have oily skin, the oil- free variant is very much recommended for my skin type.

 Let’s now go to the packaging. I find the squeezy tube quite handy. You can control the amount of the product that goes out of the tube. The tube is quite compact also so you don’t have to worry about it adding too much weight or eating space in your bag. However, the tube is quite long, that’s why you may need to have a bigger make- up kit. But at least, I know that I’m paying for a hefty amount of product!  

So here’s the actual product. For the shade, I actually thought that Almond will be somehow lighter than my shade but since it’s sheer, the color just blends flawlessly onto my skin tone without changing the color. In terms of consistency, it’s very much like foundation. But when I applied it on, it just felt like moisturizer! It’s quite watery even. I like that it feels cool upon application and it doesn’t have a perfume smell at all. So for the skin savvy, you don’t have to worry about clogged pores when you use this multi- tasking product.

 And the best part, it has SPF 20!  

 Here’s my horrible face without anything on it.

And here’s my face with the TM. The coverage is wonderful! It gave my face a natural- looking glow. And true enough, my skin looks improved without looking as if I have foundation on! It’s just like second skin! :p

 I still treated it as foundation so I set it with my Sephora mattifying compact powder.

And the result, totally wonderful! For the first time, I’ve never seen my face less- made up as compared to me wearing foundation! But still, I looked pretty presentable and prepped- up!

Will I buy this again? HELL YES! I’ve been pondering on getting a cheaper alternative to my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. I’d still choose my BB SF anytime but I have to admit that it’s quite pricey. But in terms of effect, this almost does the same job! A foundation that covers just like second skin! And not to mention, it’s cheap and a little amount goes a long way. At last, I’ve found an HG material from Laura Mercier.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Hi Martha! How is it at the end of the day? I love tinted moisturizers since it always looks so natural, but my forehead is just an oil well so it gets greasy at the end of the day. I might check that out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. petite: still intact. :) face still looks nice, though it's different when i'm wearing foundation. but my face looked pretty decent pa naman at the end of the da. and it doesn't feel hot at all sa face.

    oily face ako so i got the oil- free variant. and in all fairness, it didn't turn my face slick and greasy throughout the day. just set with the right powder.

    thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! nice nice post.
    my mum is goign to the philippines and i wanna ask her to buy me this tm, so could you please tell me how muich it was in pesos??
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cookie: hello! welcome to my blog! :D no prob! :D hope you'll like it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hindi po ba kayo nag ka break out ever sa pag gamit po ng LM TM ... Hesitant pa po kasi ako na mag buyy.... Help poooo

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)