PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC AMPLIFIED CREME LIPSTICK IN PETALS AND PEACOCKS (LIBERTY OF LONDON COLLECTION)

Here's an initial review on MAC AMPLIFIED CREME LIPSTICK IN PETALS AND PEACOCK (LIBERTY OF LONDON COLLECTION)

PRICE: 950PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, GLORIETTA
OTHER LOCATIONS: RUSTANS, SHANGRI-LA; POWERPLANT MALL; MARIONNAUD, SM MALL OF ASIA

THE VERDICT:

I've sold my Nars Schiap because the color bored me, and for some weird reason, I find it it too flashy if I'm wearing it. It's a pretty color, but the color is too hot, making me look older than my age.

I actually have the guts to wear bold lip colors even if I'm just wearing a tank top and shorts. Lipstick is my accessory, and I feel incomplete without it.

After selling my Schiap, I set my eyes and budget on Give me Liberty of London's Petals and Peacocks. I was really eyeing MAC's Show Orchid from the Liberty of London collection. But I needed the hot pink lippie for my beach trip.

Let us now review the packaging. The bohemian- inspired print made this lipstick more than a make- up. It's a lovely accessory to your make- up kit/traincase. You can easily spot this in your bag, and the packaging is so far, the prettiest design MAC has ever released in my opinion.

Sorry, my crappy digicam didn't do justice to the shade. But this is lighter in actual. Promise! :P

Petals and Peacocks is Love. Let me tell you why I am head over heels with this lipstick.

PAP is in the Amplified creme formulation which makes this super creamy and easy to apply. It's less- drying than the satin ones.

PAP is not your ordinary hot pink lipstick. And the color is not fuschia. it's plain hot pink with violet undertones, which makes the color cool. It's a young lady's hot pink lipstick. It makes my face look vibrant. And the color stands out without making you look too made- up. Whether you want to sport a hot pink painted pucker from day to night, PAP is perfect.

The hot pink lippies that I've tried look quite alike when applied on my lips. And this is what made PAP unique. The cool tone of this lipstick made this a bit neon. And fret not when I say that the shade is a bit neon, because this neon pink lippie is very wearable!

Here's moi and hubby's final pic in Laiya before heading home. I'm wearing the PAP lippie here. And to morena and tanned ladies out there, PAP compliments our skin tones so much!

I've found the perfect hot pink lippie. Unfortunately, this is an LE item (boo!). If I empty this up, I'll try Show Orchid next time. It might be a similar color. :)

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. I really liked the lipsticks from this collection. petals and peacocks is one of the prettiest shades. Looks good on you, didnt get to try it on myself hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. sush: actually all the colors are pretty, except for blooming lovely. My next review for blooming lovely is the opposite of petals and peacocks. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. PAP looks good on you. Now, i'm sad i didn't get it. I bought show orchid instead of this but show orchid is also beautiful it's bright and very fuchsia. I read temtalia's review on PAP and she said it's similar to girl about town that's why i didn't get PAP since i have GAT already but i think based on your swatch it's totally different. If there' still available in MAC i'll will buy this but i'm sure knowing this is LE ubos na ito ... hehehe. I was just lucky enough to get show orchid in powerplant 'coz in shang it's sold out already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just called all MAC stores and they are all sold out of petals and peacock. Even in MAC website they don't have it anymore. That's what i hate about MAC they always have this LE collection. Well, at least i saved some money! Got too many lipsticks already and i only wear it when i go out on weekends. Still, i'm a bit sad .... huhuhu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PAP suits you martha... very pretty hot pink nga! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. she: you could try the pink noveau sis. :) or show orchid from the new collection (that is, if it's still available)

    Last choice would be ebay. But you got to hate the people there for their exorbitant prices. :p

    khymm: thanks sis! super nice ito. in natural lighting, it's more different than the photos i've provided. basta..pretty.teehee. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)