THE BIKINI DIARIES: CORON, PALAWAN PICS+ MORE PICS OF MY NEW BOD

As promised, here are pics from my Coron, Palawan escape.

Coron is a group of islands located in the province of Busuanga, Palawan.

Travel time through is air is 40- 45 minutes. You will ride a boutique plane (these are the only planes allowed in the Busuanga airport due to the small and short runway) and you will land in the Busuanga Airport. A jeep provided by the resort of your choice will pick you up to take you to the river banks. Travel time from the airport to the river banks is 30 minutes. Then a boat, which is also provided by the resort of your choice, will take you through the amazon river- like Coron river for 45 minutes, before you reach the open seas, which gives you a marvelous view of the different islands of Coron.

We stayed in Club Paradise, one of the best resorts in Coron. It is quite costly because overall, the place is very decent for a remote island in the middle of the sea.

Palawan is indeed an island to visit and discover. It boasts of crystal clear waters, wonderful marine life, and powder- like sands.

The waves are calm, which enables swimmers like me to swim a wee bit far from the shores without worrying of being washed off to an unknown island.

Water activities such as Jets skiing, snorkeling, and banana boat rides are available for an extra charge.

Snorkeling around the island is the most recommended thing to do because the waters are dayum clear and it is rich with various marine life from fishes to corals. I even saw a sea turtle feeding on the sea grasses underwater while I was snorkeling! Seeing the turtle is such a worthwhile experience.

For those who can afford, you can also do diving. Diving classes are offered for newbies. And for divers and courageous first- timers, there are selected areas for diving: The dugong region, where most of the dugongs wander to feed, Honda Bay for richer underwater communities, and the place where the world war ii ship of Japan has sunk after losing to the Americans. The say that it's such a sight to behold. A piece of history lying underwater for years, which also serves as a good place to stay and breed for various marine animals. You get to see a piece of history, and a magnificent view of our beautiful marine life!

Here are some good pics. I swear, I will go back to this place! But I'll visit El Nido and the subterranean river next year (crossing my fingers!). And I will definitely buy an underwater camera!

Other in- door activities such as pampering and lounging in the common area are offered as a break from the water. Resorts also organize activities such as disco night, karaoke night, kite flying, etc. to make the stay a bit different and enjoyable.

Shot of the Palawan islands via plane. The view is wonderful and amazing

Missing my hubby in moments like this. Breathtaking view, ain't it? :)

The decent room where we stayed in.

Ahhhh... I could wake up to this scene everyday!

Me and my mom having our final breakfast.


And as requested by one of my readers (is it minakichu?) Here are more photos of my new body after doing the Cheat To Lose diet.





For the record, I lost 13lbs. all in all, and I just lost 2 in. off of the measuring tape last week. I love how I am able to shed pounds weekly!


PERSONAL NOTE: I love how summer lets me go back to nature. Being one with nature resets my mind, calms my soul, refreshes my being, and helps me reminisce the memories past. Summer is a time to be grateful for every wonderful and memorable year that passes by.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. That island looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a great place to take a trip! you are looking FABULOUS! I'm going to go look up some more on that! Do you have any blog posts that go in depth about it/how long it took?
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^thank you so much! And if you're a beach bum, I definitely recommend that you visit the Philippines for some of the best beaches in the world. I am truly proud to say that indeed, we have the best beaches!

    Check this entry. I am doing Joel Marion's CHEAT TO LOSE DIET. :)

    http://thebeautyjunkee.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-i-embraced-healthy-lifestyle-and.html

    Thanks again for visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear.. sana ganyan din katawan ko kainggit hehehe =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply a beautiful Pinay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply a beautiful Pinay! .... thx

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)