PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC LIPSTICK IN PINK NOUVEAU

Here's an initial review on MAC Lipstick in Pink Nouveau

PRICE: 900PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: SHALLY MATEO OF GIRLTALK
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC GLORIETTA; MAC SHANGRI- LA MALL; MAC POWERPLANT MALL; MAC DUTY FREE; MAC MARIONNAUD MALL OF ASIA

THE VERDICT:

Pink Nouveau is one of MAC's most famous lipstick shades. According to some, it's a bubbly color that you can wear without looking unnatural, and it looks good on fair and dark skin tones alike.

And it is always out of stock in our local MAC stores. Apparently, it is also a favorite of some local celebrities, according to a source.

I've been waiting for a long time to buy one but unfortunately, the stocks are always sold out a few days after they arrive at our MAC stores. And unfortunately, some MAC stores don't honor reservations. They just ask people to wait for fresh stocks.

Anyway, Lady Luck was on my side when I saw a post by Sis Shally saying that she's going to sell her newly- bought Pink Nouveau. And I sent her a message instantly and asked her to reserve the lipstick for me.

So here's my take on MAC's most sought- after pink lipstick.

Pink Nouveau is a cool pink lipstick with a slight lilac undertone. The shade of PN may vary depending on what skin tone it is worn against. On fair skinned ladies, this may appear a tad lighter, almost bubblegum pink- ish. But on morena and dark skinned girls, the lilac undertone becomes a bit obvious.

And they are right, indeed, it's a pretty shade!

IMO, Pink Nouveau is the love child of MAC's Up The Amp and Saint Germain. The latter shades might require guts to wear on a daily basis. But their lovechild, Pink Nouveau, lets you enjoy both worlds!

If you look closely, you might feel or think that Pink Nouveau might look too odd on your lips. I even thought when I first tried this on, that it makes my lips stick out in a weird way. But when I got to see my face from afar, this lipstick is actually so pretty under natural lighting! It makes tanned skin tones more radiant. And for a bright lipstick, it is unexpectedly wearable. Much more wearable than Lavender Whip!

'Scuse the eye bags. Just wanted to show everyone a photo of moi wearing Pink Nouveau. I love the fact that it makes me look girly and young. It's a refreshing break from my usual lipstick colors: red, beige, rose, brown.

I swear, it's worth purchasing a Pink Nouveau!

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. It's indeed a pretty color! Looks sooo girly on you! I'm also planning to buy this shade but maybe after I bought MAC Amplified Lipstick in Blankety! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good on you, on me it's more on the pink side.. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks pretty on you and it enhances your tan. :) It makes me look like a corpse naman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...Perfection!I'm morena too! Will get this! Thanks for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I wanted to buy my first ever Mac lippies and since they are expensive I've been looking for a perfect shade for my skin and I'm morena too and I think pin noveau looks good though but they said Angel also looks great. Your thoughts.

    www.uheartmevs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this shade was my first ever mac lipstick. Took me awhile how to figure out this color and almost wanted to just give it to my friend but when I have worn it with full make up, that's the time I have appreciated this shade. I just can't wear it on day to day basis but this shade suits on special occasions like wedding...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)