PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LIME CRIME LIPSTICK IN RETROFUTURIST

Here's an initial review on LIME CRIME LIPSTICK IN RETROFUTURIST

PRICE: 780PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: EBAY.PH
OTHER LOCATIONS: LIME CRIME WEBSITE


Photo Credits: friendster.com

Betty Boop, can I have a red lippie? I lost mine. :( God bless your heart.

THE VERDICT:

I just realized, I lost my Russian Red lipstick. It's not in my make- up kit, bags, and room. My mom doesn't have it, and looks like the dogs don't have an idea of what I'm talking about. It's gone.

I am never without a red lipstick. I always find myself reaching for it in my stash, so I find it unbelievable that a red lipstick junkie like me would lose a valuable possession. Russian Red is my most favorite lipstick shade. It makes me look fresh, gives me a sophisticated look, and the bf loves it.

Oh well. What's gone is gone. Time to move forward. Buhbye Russian Red. :(

On the brighter side, it gave me a good reason to try out other shades/brands so I'll have more stuff to share with my lovely readers. I was so tempted to buy another RR again 'cos it's really my favorite, but decided to try something else.

I turn to the ever- reliable Google site to search some of the top red lipstick picks by magazines and beauty bloggers.

And then I decided to get Retrofuturist by Lime Crime.

For a more comprehensive review on this lipstick, please check my LIME CRIME LIPSTICK IN COUNTESSA FLUORESCENT REVIEW. This review is mainly for the lipstick's shade.


Ingredients


Droplets of moisture aka Mineral oil. :D

In a swipe, you'll get intense color pay- off. Lime Crime described Retrofuturist as an 'Opaque red'. This color falls under the 'True Red' shade.

The interesting packaging concept. One, being the continuation of the other. Very cute. :)

Same with the lipsticks!

This lipstick basically killed my lemming for Russian Red. True reds are fool- proof shades of red to get if you're a newbie to the red lippie. Russian Red will always have a place in my heart. But for now, Retrofuturist is in the limelight!

Doesn't make teeth look yellow. It has a gorgeous sheen too!

I forgot to include this pic in my previous Lime Crime review. This is how the lip tint effect looks like. I wore Countessa first then Retrofuturist after and it gave off this weird red- violet tint on my lips. In actual, Countessa leaves a pink tint, while Retrofuturist leaves a red one.

Like blue- based reds, true reds brighten up your face as well.

Overall, I love it. 'Nuff said. :)

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. i think this looks gorgeous on your lips dear! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. shade suits you really well :) great find

    ReplyDelete
  3. sugar sugar: thank you sis! :D

    belle: thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have not found my red ; ( This one looks god on you!
    xoxo
    MrsM

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)