Review: SLEEK MAKEUP POWDER BLUSH IN CORAL

Here's an initial review on Sleek Makeup Powder Blush in Coral

THE VERDICT:

The international rave surrounding Sleek has gotten a lot of Pinay makeup lovers curious about this brand. Thanks to pre-ordering online sites, we can finally enjoy and feed our curiosity with Sleek (sans the mall price).


Sleek is indeed--sleek. When I saw some reviews about the blushes in some blogs, the compact looked as if it's as big as the pans of Nars' blushes. But in actual, it's so compact, small, and lightweight! It can fit right in the palm of my hand!

Sleek is made in UK. And their blushes are some of the must- haves from the brand. Other popular colors are Pixie Pink, Rose Gold (dubbed as dupe for Nars' Orgasm), Aruba (I originally wanted this one, but it's an LE item), and Flamingo.

Coral is a matte sunset orange blush.

The blush is VERY pigmented. However, it took me a few swipes on the pan before I made the color pop from my cheeks. If you have this or you're planning to buy it, be careful not to go overboard with your application, be sure that you apply it using a sweeping motion, and then blend evenly. The texture is semi- chalky, making the powder hard to work with. Once it touches the skin, it may leave a nasty spot that can only be removed by water. The formula takes some getting used to and would require some practice.

I paired the blush with my NYX Matte Lipstick in Angel. Glad I made the right decision with Coral because I've been meaning to get an orange blush that accentuates tan skin tones.

Staying power is good. It lasts all day on me if the weather is cool, and I would have to retouch once if the weather is humid. It has a light perfume smell that isn't bothersome at all.

Foolin' around with my Barrack. :)

Oh no! I've awakened the most vocal cat in the world! After the shot, he kept on meowing, stretched his legs a bit (whilst still meowing), and followed me everywhere in the house (still meowing). Another tough day for a mom with a spoiled kid. :)

I can't wait to open my new shopping site! Sleek will be in it, so watch out for it!

Any thoughts on Sleek's blushes? Have you tried the brand or other products from? Let The Beauty Junkee know! :)

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. Great orange blush, Martha! And im excited for your store, too.

    Funny, Barrack looks so not 'meow'some on photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. HRB: Thanks! I'm lovin' it. :D Yeah, I'm excited too. But I'm still awaiting my stocks. I don't want to open an empty store. :D

    Looks can be deceiving! This cat is very noisy. But I love him for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks so good on you ms. beautyjunkee.. if you have sleek palette, can you also do a review on that? nice post.. so sleek..:) excited on your new store, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. roxyfoxy: thank you! :D If I get my hands on one I will. Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look blooming! And your face is very fresh! :) You are really my inspiration for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love coral blushes! ganda! :D

    darling, i still owe you one. i've been busy these past few days but i will surely post about it! :D i'm so happy for you now you've got time to really push through your biz. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that's ORANGE! Wonder how it compares with the MAC My Paradise (minus the gold overlay). Either way, awesome shade. Very flattering on morena skin. Thanks for another great review! Can't wait to check out your store once it's stocked na :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. maricar: thank you! :D

    sara: yup! I even use this as a lid wash for a warmer look. :D Yup, can't wait to open it too! :D will update you. :D

    lush angel: thanks for posting na! :D Yup, I really want to build a local Sephora, so there's no better time to start than now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! where did you get this? is this available locally? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)