The Most Lightweight Concealer I've Ever Tried: Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Concealer Review

Here’s an initial review on Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Concealer

PRICE: P2,500.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Beauty Bar Greenbelt 5; Beauty Bar Eastwood Mall; Beauty Bar, Powerplant Mall


THE VERDICT:
Getting tired of trying to make runny and pasty concealers work? You might want to check out this revolutionary concealer from Koh Gen Do.


Koh Gen Do’s Maifanshi HD concealer was built to look natural and undetectable in film and photography. It is the most lightweight concealer I have come across in my entire life.




The sleek black plastic palette contains three highly pigmented shades: Light, Medium, and Dark.




1.) Medium 2.) Light 3.) Dark

The concealer was formulated without the use of parabens, talc, fragrance, and other synthetic chemicals. Gals with Sensitive skin may use this, although I would strongly suggest that you seek professional advise prior to using a new product/brand, since this skin type requires extra care and consideration.


Here are the swatches. The Light shade can be used to brighten tired- looking eyes and conceal dark face marks. The Medium shade can be used as a base for under eye concealing, and the Dark shade can be used alone or on top of the Medium shade to completely conceal puffy eyes and dark circles. Honestly, my least favorite of the three is the Light shade because I do not know anyone who needs a concealer this light to conceal dark circles. The Medium shade is good enough to conceal my post- acne marks. I just use the Light shade on my lids if I don't feel like wearing eyeshadow.


It also comes with a retractable mini concealer brush with nylon hair. However, I do not find this useful when it comes to under eye concealing. It works best when used in spot concealing.


Bare under eye


With Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Concealer. I’ve used the Medium shade underneath and topped it with the Dark shade.

I’m sorry for the patchy areas. Seemed like my skin was peeling during the time I took these shots.

I like the fact that the Dark shade has a peach undertone, while the Medium shade has a yellow undertone. It’s like getting the best of both worlds in this concealer palette. The peach shade neutralizes my dark circles, while the yellow undertone brightens up my eyes. And since KGD’s products are considered as Mineral Make- Up, you can re-apply the concealer on top of powder at any time of the day. Just make sure that the rest of your make- up is MMU because ‘pure’ make- ups will not clash with each other, meaning they won’t cake even if you layer them randomly on top of each other.

Lasting power is very good. It’s perfect for our humid weather because HD make-ups are built to last harsh conditions such as shoots and tapings.

The secret to its non- caking formula is the consistency. It just sits and stays put on top of your under eyes. The formula does not settle into fine lines unlike runny concealers, and it won’t melt on your skin and emphasize lines and patchy areas, unlike pasty concealers.

Will I repurchase? A resounding yes. I know, it’s very expensive. But I’m not the type who will skimp on good products like this one. It’s good for the skin, economical, and it delivers. Totally worth my P2,500.00.

Post a Comment

0 Comments