YVES ROCHER FLAWLESS FINISH FOUNDATION: A dupe for my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation

Here's an initial review on Yves Rocher Flawless Finish Fluid Foundation

PRICE: P980.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Yves Rocher, SM Southmall, Las Pinas
OTHER LOCATIONS: SM Fairview; SM The Block


THE VERDICT:

By now, you should have realized how important it is to choose a good brand of foundation. And if you have been an avid reader of my blog, you probably know by now that I really spend on foundation. It is one of the products that you shouldn't skimp on, because expensive foundation delivers, not to mention it is beneficial to your skin because most high- end foundation brands have various skin- caring plant, fruit, and flower extracts.

But hey, Yves Rocher begs to differ.

Yves Rocher France may sound like an expensive brand, but surprisingly, their products are ridiculously cheap. But do their products deliver? Well, I was impressed by their Lash Plumping mascara. And methinks I have another brand in my list! BLAME IT ON THIS FOUNDATION! :p



FYI, the Flawless Finish Foundation is the second most expensive product from their line. The most expensive foundation is the Replumping Serum Foundation, which I think is around 1100- 1200php.

Skincare- based makeups are trending in the beauty industry nowadays. It's like the West's response to the East's BB Cream trend. This skincare- based foundation is infused with skin botanicals that repair skin during wear.


Since 1959, Yves Rocher has been incorporating powerful botanical and plant extracts in their make- up and skin care products. No wonder, it has been the leading skin care company in France for the last 52 years!


NC42 Gals, your skin match from this line is Beige 400. This is the darkest shade from the line. I like the fact that their shades come in pink and yellow undertones. If I'm not mistaken, the line has around 9- 10 shades.


The foundation conveniently comes in a pump bottle. I don't know if it's a bad thing, because this one doesn't have a full cap. But the clear plastic stopper prevents it from spilling anyway, so I guess it's fine.


Beige 400 is somewhat like MAC's Nc42. It has a strong yellow undertone.


When blended evenly, it yields a light to medium finish. It can be layered if desired.


Bare skin

From "Blah" to "OMG!"

So here's moi wearing the FFF by Yves Rocher. It's like my HG Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in many ways:

1. It covers minor facial discolorations and marks
2. It lets skin show through whilst providing great coverage
3. Phyto Pigments provide skin tone- correct coverage
4. Light consistency, spreadable texture, and provides a hint of healthy sheen

However, the thing that separates this from my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is its crazy staying power. The foundation did not oxidize and fade for 14 hours! Also, upon blending, the foundation dries to a semi- matte finish, which I think is the reason behind its insane staying power. I only had to retouch my powder once during wear. Would you believe my face stayed like that (the photo above) from morning until night?! Sounds crazy and unbelievable, but it's true!

Since this foundation has hydrating properties, it will also suit people with dry skin. The Yves Rocher SA suggested that I get their matting foundation since I have oily skin, but decided to go for this one since it's YR's best- seller. I prefer having a hint of healthy sheen on my face, rather than sporting a "Flat Matte" look. The skin caring plant extracts are a plus too!

I shall repurchase once I empty my bottle because finally, I have found a super duper cheap alternative for my HG, the Skin Foundation! :D

Beauties on a budget, this brand should go to your Christmas Beauty Wish List. :D

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Wow, it suits you Ms. Martha, wala pa akong item from that brand, you know naman di ko afford. hehe pero yeterday nagorder ako sa bestfriend ko ng Mac Powder Plus Fountion yung Fafi, and okay naman sya. first time ko po magkaron ng mac product. I think dapat nga yata talaga maginvest sa magandang foundation even if mejo pricey sya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prettythrifty: yves rocher is pretty affordable. i think their cheapest product is at 80php (travel- sized body wash). You should really check it out. :)

    That's my principle. I'd rather spend on good and expensive make- ups than spend on more expensive derma procedures caused by using fake/cheap make- up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah may point ka jan Ms. Martha, at kung afford nga naman why not go for those expensive make-up's which is known and trusted. Really? Anyway san po ba may branch ng Yves rocher?.. Thanks for the reply Ms. Martha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey martha, the foundation really looks good on you. it indeed delivers a flawless and radiant skin. gusto ko din yung medyo dewy finish nya sayo. sana may malapit na branch ng yves rocher dito sa makati or taguig area. i want to visit and buy that foundation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. prettythrifty: hey, i'm a fan of quite a number of expensive makeups, and if you ask me, I'd really recommend them without thinking twice. Good thing there's an affordable and great brand such as yves rocher. :)

    carmi: onga eh! hahah. 3 branches lang sila, north and south pa. Hopefully they open one somewhere in Makati. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it really blends well on you.. I have a lighter complexion so this will not suit me but I think this will be A-okay with my friends as a Christmas gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. try their teint creme comfort too.it's coverage is a tad bit heavier than the FFF.and i think it's a bit more moisturizing.i like it even if my skin is oily.looks great and natural in photos too...and whenever the store is on sale it's always 50%on their make up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the foundation in Beige 400 really yellowy? Is it slightly darker or lighter on your skin? And are you exactly an NC42 or are you slightly darker or lighter?

    ReplyDelete