NARS GINA REVIEW: My new Orange Affair

Here's an initial review on Nars Blush in Gina



PRICE: P1450.00

PLACE BOUGHT: Nars, Rustan's, Makati City

OTHER LOCATIONS: Nars counters in Essences, Robinson's Place, Ermita Manila and Shangri- La Mall, Ortigas




THE VERDICT:



Sleek's Coral blush would'e been love, if not for its consistency that's so hard to work with. I also hate the fact that it stains my cheeks, and it has a tendency to look reddish if I put too much of it. Alas, I decided to sell it. I wanted Aruba anyway, and decided to settle for Coral 'cos I had to get something from Sleek. Saying that it was my HG blush proved to be too much, too soon.



And the search for that perfect orange blush continues.....



I paid Nars a visit recently, and checked what their blush counter has in store for me. And I've found another Orange blush that has tickled my fancy.





Gina is the sweeter and more youthful version of Gilda. Gilda is a deeper and more mature kind of orange, while Gina is light and fresh.





Here's the swatch. Nars is a lovely matte light orange blush. No undertones whatsoever.





Whether you like it heavy or light, Gina adapts with you. The blush is very pigmented, yet coverage is very controllable.





I wasn't able to get Sleek's Aruba, but I am so fine with Gina!



I probably won't say that it's my HG (even if I already want to claim it), because it might turn out as another Sleek incident. But as of the moment, I'm loving it, and will let you know if I have already found the perfect Orange blush in Nars Gina. :)



Hmmmm.... I think I'm rekindling my love for Nars' blushes. :p

Post a Comment

14 Comments

  1. nice color.can i ask what are your top 3 favorite nars blush?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blush is lovely on you. I also prefer peach toned blushes because they look better on my morena skin tone. :) Hmm... I'd probably try this one soon!


    Tanya
    http://tardydresser.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to get Sleek Aruba din. I also want to try NARS Taj Mahal, unfortunately its not available locally. I'm on the search for an orange blush, might try this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sis, what's the difference of this blush to orgasm? the only blush that I have right now kasi is elf glow. I dont wear blush often minsan lang pag nasa mood ako. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. kaye: hello and welcome to my blog! :D

    1. nars madly
    2. nars orgasm
    3. nars gina

    :)

    tanya: thanks! i agree. peach and orange blushes look great on us, morenas! :D


    misschief: hey there! as far as I know, we have Taj Mahal here. I saw a tester of it on the blush counter. :)

    kath: hey there! orgasm is a totally different animal. it's a pink blush with peach undertones and slight gold shimmer. :) as for gina, it's just plain orange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sabi nga po nila, bagay daw sa morena or kahit kanino ang mga peachy, or orangey blushes :) And sa palagay ko totoo yun Ms.Martha, mas okay saken kapag refreshing yung look ng blush. And this one suits you well, nakakafresh ng face! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! do you think that orange blush will suit dark skinned women? my friend wants to know..coz I have been telling her that this is the safest shade actually...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow.. i think this is the perfect orange blush! :) I'm afraid to try orange since it might not look good on my skin.. but reading this post made me think again.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. and also I didn't tried Nars yet.. hoping to get one of this.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. jen: hello! yes, I should know that orange and peach blushes look awesome on us! :D

    leilani: tell her to try darker oranges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. last I checked NARS counter they said its been awhile since they had Taj Mahal, or maybe they have it again. I would have to check again. thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. misschief: really? haven't been there for the longest time, and I was so surprised to see a lot of new blush colors. :) yes, please check. and when you have taj mahal already, I'll wait for your review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. orange toned blushes suit you perfectly. adds glow to your skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the review! am excited to try this product soon and i wish it will suit my skin tone perfectly as yours :) hope you can also share your tips at http://everybliss.com a place to get the latest news, tutorials and product reviews of the newest trends in the beauty industry. see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)