Review: Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation


Here's a review on Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation in Toasted Beige

PRICE: P1900.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Benefit Cosmetics, Greenbelt 5, Makati City
OTHER LOCATIONS: Benefit Cosmetics, Greenbelt 5, Makati City


THE VERDICT:

I can truly say that Benefit has great skin fakers. I was really impressed by their Some-Kinda-Gorgeous Foundation and You Rebel Tinted Moisturizers, so I took a chance with Hello, Flawless hoping that I’d be blown away by this product. And with what I paid for, I'm glad to know that my expectation was met!


Ingredients



Hello Flawless comes in a cute, compact, and lightweight case. I love the fact that it comes with a sponge and brush in that compartment! For thicker coverage, use the sponge. For sheerer coverage and spot application, use the powder brush.


But I have to admit that I have a love-hate relationship with this brush. I love it because it’s very useful, but I hate those dayum sharp handle edges! (I encircled ‘em for everyone to see) I ended up scratching my face one time with this brush. And God, it hurt a lot.


For reference, I’m an NC42 and my shade match from the HF line is Toasted Beige. It has a mix of yellow and olive undertones, but I find that yellow is the dominant one.


Texture- wise, it’s almost dry and chalky, which means this is good for girls with combination or oily skin. There are creamy types of powder foundation, and gals with combination and oily skin should veer away from these, as it can aggravate these skin types. I would still recommend HF to gals with dry skin, but they should prep their face properly with a moisturizer and makeup primer to keep the powder from flaking.


Bare Face


Flawless indeed!

It is pigmented, feels very luxurious when applied, and sets easily onto my skin. Coverage is medium to full.


I find that it can cover minor skin discolorations such as pigmentation and scar marks. However, for girls with serious discolorations, it’s best to conceal them first prior to applying Hello Flawless.


I like it because it lets my skin project through the powder. It changed my skin’s texture without making me look fake. Staying power is pretty good. It takes a good 4 hours before I retouch the product.

It’s pretty expensive indeed. That’s why I alternate it with my Shiseido, Make Up For Ever, and MAC Powder Foundations. I would recommend this to gals who consider packaging when it comes to buying a product because the compact is absolutely gorgeous and whimsical. It also comes in a lot of shades, so finding your match wouldn’t be a problem. I could say that it’s pretty worth it because its finish, feel, and quality are wonderful. As for its dupe, I’m sorry but I couldn’t recommend any affordable dupe for it because good foundations like Hello Flawless rarely have dupes. I’ve been doing this (beauty blogging) for a couple of years now, and I can tell bad foundation from good foundation. As a foundation lover myself, I can attest that most of the time, you get what you pay for whenever you buy expensive foundation. (and I know some beauty bloggers will agree with me). So fear not when you shell out dough on pricey foundation brands.

If ever you decide to go on a self- gratifying shopping spree, I would suggest that you reward yourself with a good powder foundation like this one. But always do a road- test first before buying any product.


Speaking of good foundation, my favorite Hello Flawless now comes in liquid form! It's a brightening, perfecting, and anti- aging foundie. *dies

Watch out for my review on this one!

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. flawless nga :) kaya lang pricey din

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much is this Martha?

    I'm panning out on my foundation and I want a new powder foundation. But I'm veering more towards the Asian brands, para maiba naman, but Benefit sounds promising too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really expensive! Oh, I wish I can afford these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kath: true. :D

    jill: hello there! :D it's 1900. forgot to put the price. actually, neglected na nga si mac powder foundation eh. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely finish talaga..mahal nga lang..im quite curious sa brows mo..ang ganda..wish i could have the same..will surely wait for the review about your liquid foundation.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not bad, but will check if cheaper sa US. You know, kelangan abusuhin ang utol na piloto:p

    ReplyDelete
  7. all I can say is "wow" ganda ng result after applying that :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. jillsabs: uy! if my utol were a pilot, aabusuhin ko talaga! pati sweldo! lol! :D

    jhenz: thanks! :D

    alpha: will do a brow tutorial soon on youtube. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I've watched a video of Benefit in Youtube about this powder but it's too far to see the effect. Thanks for this review! However it's kinda pricey for like me who is on a budget. About the combination to oily skin, is it better for powder and chalky setting powder?

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)