Review: Go Naturals Lip Sugar Scrub

Here's a review on Go Naturals Lip Sugar Scrub

PRICE: P49.75
PLACE BOUGHT: Robinson's Department Store, Ortigas
OTHER LOCATIONS: Unknown


THE VERDICT:

I'm a fan of lip scrubs because my lips are perpetually flaky and dry. I've always dreamed of having Sara Happ's Lip Scrubs, but I can't reconcile myself to the thought of paying a thousand bucks for a puny tub of lip scrub. But hey, you never know. I might go on an impulse shopping spree, and you'll find it in my blog one day. I just want to know how it works. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything Brown Sugar- scented. :)

So I just got myself three pots of Go Naturals Lip Sugar Scrub in lieu of Sara Happ Lip Scrub in Brown Sugar.


Caveat: The list of ingredients is nowhere to be found on the labels. The ingredients list is very important because it helps you prevent impending problems such as allergic and chemical reactions.



Compact, and lightweight. But I wish the lid snaps tightly though.


It looks deceivingly small, but the pot is quite deep and you get a hefty amount of scrub in it!


I like the fact that the scrub is made of real sugar crystals, which goes to show how close to being natural this lip scrub is. It has a sweet scent and taste. Careful though, 'cos you might be tempted to eat the lip scrub. (I was!) It still has chemical ingredients, so please, don't.

HOW TO USE


PRE- SCRUBBING: Check out that nasty blister- like dry patch! :p


Apply liberally on lips and let it stay for a minute before scrubbing so the base can soften those rough and patchy areas for easier sloughing.


Scrub gently for 2 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly.


At least this thing worked on me. After rinsing, my lips felt moisturized and super smooth. It's like I have invisible lip balm on!

I particularly use this during night time so my lips could recuperate and regenerate properly. But I wish the scrub had more sugar crystals in it, as the crystals have the tendency to slip from my lips. It takes a good amount of effort to gather the crystals and bring them back to my lips again ha!

Accessibility and availability is the problem with this product. For one, I would never ever know that this brand exists if not for Robinsons Galleria's Beauty Bound event. Secondly, the brand doesn't seem to have any social media accounts, so online ordering may be impossible. It's a cultish type of brand, and you really have to try your luck finding it in malls and stores. If you're interested, it's available at Robinsons Galleria Department Store. Look for the wooden tubs suspended in mid-air near the cashier lane and personal care section.

Will I buy it again? Probably. But I wouldn't go the extra mile to get it. I find that my HOMEMADE HONEY LIP SCRUB works just as perfectly. It's cheaper too! Well, if you don't have the ingredients on hand for my homemade recipe, this lip scrub would appear much, much cheaper. But if you have the ingredients, then whip yourself up some lip scrub! Lip scrubbing is a nice ritual, ya know?

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. sana available yung product sa Watson's kasi ang layo ng rob galleria sa amin. I've heard of tony moly lip scrub but if this product is easily accessible, ill try this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. need ko to as in =( i have chapped lips at masakit sya huhu..

    ReplyDelete
  3. now i know what a lip sugar scrub is! and i thought this was sort of like a lip balm (where the sugar crystals disintegrate after a few minutes of being applied)

    thanks for featuring

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried using a lip scrub. This is very affordable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kath: Onga eh. I think's it's not available at Watson's. :(

    rhaindropz: go try it dear. :D

    jaja: glad it helped you out. :)

    issa: hello and welcome to my blog! :D Budget- friendly indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its super budget friendly..i never tried lip scrubs before..puro petroleum jelly at moisturizer kase ginagamit ko..super effective naman dahil hindi na ganung ka chappy and flaky ang lips ko..but i wanna tyr it too..im curious about this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's my first time to hear about lip scrub :D super mura pala niyan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. jhenz and alpha: yup! try it girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mine too, I have dry lips din po, and since wala na akong lipbalm, I use to make my DIY lip scrub. Have you tried applying Olive oil on your lips? It really works too :)
    About the product, i'll keep an eye on this kapag napadpad po ako sa Galle, di ko pa rin ito nakita sa ibang malls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wala naman to sa watsons

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)