HOW TO'S: LIP SCRUB

Dry, chapped lips has always been my problem. Sometimes, lip balms won't do the trick. Remember me telling you guys in one of my post that I have a nasty habit of peeling the skin off my lips? Well, it's the only way to get rid of those hanging skin. But it just leaves me with wounded puckers!

I went to Lush and saw a lip scrubber. I picked up the small tub and gasped upon seeing the price. It's 475php for a half- full tub! It's too costly for a small amount of product.

So here's a tutorial on how to make your own lip scrub. It contains natural ingredients, and best of all, you can find these right in your home!


YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:

An empty tub
1. Sugar
2. Honey
3. Petroleum Jelly
4. Tablespoon (for the honey and sugar)
5. Small spatula for the petroleum jelly (available in personal care stores)



1. Combine all the ingredients in the tub. Scoop a tablespoon of sugar, a dollop of honey, and tons of petroleum jelly, as this will serve as the base for the lip scrub.

2. Mix well


3. Freeze for an hour.


If you take it out, it will look like this. The purpose of freezing is to help the ingredients fuse completely with one another. Before usage, wait for it to soften, and then start using it.

I've been using this for a week, and I am astounded by its effect! My lips are starting to become smooth. Indeed, a lip scrubber is all I need to get rid of chapped lips!

Other observations: Since it has sweet ingredients inn it, you'll think that ants will start crowding on it after a few days. The petroleum jelly keeps the ants at bay, so no need to worry about ants. I've had this for more than a week in the toiletries shelf of my bathroom. No ant attacks so far. :)

Try this at home. It's an economical way to solve lip boo- boos. Sugar naturally sloughs off dry skin, honey heals and repairs, while petroleum jelly moisturizes and keeps lips soft and smooth during and after scrubbing. And it's just below 100 pesos!

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this! :) Chapped lips is one of the things that bothers me during this time of the year. And yes, those over-the-counter lip scrubs will cost you as much.

    http://thepinkmargarita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. pinkmargarita: glad this article helped you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very helpful indeed! Lip scrubs in the market are too pricey. Thanks to this DIY! :) Ü

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)