Review: Chanel Joues Contraste Reflex 82


Here's a review on Chanel Joues Contraste in Reflex 82

PRICE: Around $30 (Approximately P1,800.00+) Locally, it's around P2,000.00++
PLACE BOUGHT: Duty Free Philippines
OTHER LOCATIONS: Rustan's Malls



THE VERDICT:

So here's my take on this much- raved about blush. Like them, I'm raving about it too.

DESCRIPTION: (taken from chanel.com)

Unique powder blusher offers buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic, and imparts a flattering radiance to cheeks. Remarkably silky texture ensures easy application of seamless colour. Applied high on the cheekbone, or near the eyes, it instantly 'lifts' and softens the face for a more youthful look.


Ingredients


It's the closest thing to owning a Chanel purse! Haha! What I love about Chanel's packaging is its simplicity and effortless elegance. It's something that I won't be afraid to whip out from my bag anytime, anywhere!



The product is not that huge, but this baby packs on a good amount of color, meaning a pan can last you for a long time.


The embedded mirror is huge. I love it. :)


The interlocking CC logo.


Here's the brush. It doesn't feel scratchy, yet it feels flimsy, and not as packed as regular blush brushes. I find it forgivable because blush brushes like this comes handy in all occasions, especially to blushes that don't come with compact brushes.


It's like the sun on a pan! Reflex is a lovely peach shade with subtle rose undertones and gold shimmers. I bought this last April because I have realized, I don't have peach blushes anymore. It's a perfect summer color too!


Here's Reflex swatched twice on my skin. The beauty of this blush is that even if you layer it on, it will still look natural. Its coverage can go from light to full, depending on how you like it. It's so pigmented, (for the nth time) has a subtle rose scent, and the shimmers are not noticeable at all. The shimmers give you a very natural, warm, and youthful glow. Its texture is smooth, silky, and fine, and there's no fall out at all whenever I'm blending it on my cheeks.


Here's Reflex on me. What's the secret of these marvelous blushes? Well, these blushes are baked, not fried. LOL! Baked blushes are wonderful because it yields a soft glow, and not as concentrated as regular powder blushes. Baked blushes melt onto your skin and give you a very, very natural- looking flush. FYI, Chanel's Joues Contraste blush has long been using the technique even before 'Baked' makeup has made waves in the makeup industry.


According to a lot of beauty blogs, the most popular Joues Contraste shades are Pink Explosion and the Limited Edition Rose Tourbillon. I saw them and they are lovely, but the colors don't really flatter my skintone. When I've tried Reflex on my skin, it was love at first sight and I had to get it. While it pays to read blog reviews, it's still best to try the product/s on yourself. I could've bought the popular JC colors based on blog raves, but this shade looks better on me.

If you have tanned skin, I highly recommend this shade. But if you want something Pink from JC, I'll get back to you since I'm planning to get another JC blush.

This blush becomes one with your skin, unlike other blushes that just sit on top of your skin. Coverage lasts all day too.

Honestly, JC's colors are dupe-able, but I can see the reason why these blushes are a hit. The wonderful texture, unique finish, and those natural- looking shimmers make Joues Contraste a unique product. If you're planning to buy it, go ahead. It's such a great investment.

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. looks a bit scary on the pan, i mean, it looks orangey, bronzy, somethingy to me, haha! but it suits you well! you're very pretty, martha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't used a blush in ages; but this one looks really interesting although, syempre, ang mahal lang. hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, is this product by chance noncomedogenic? I don't use a blush often because I tend to get breakouts when I do so...off topic, I really like the shade of your lipstick in the picture above...what is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm..love it,,kaso nga mahal..

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought it was orange/brown shade =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am about to say "Mukang makati yung brush" hehe yun pala hindi. Ang ganda ng shade! Best for morenas! Too bad, can't afford. Suits you pa rin Ms.M! Looks so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bannanie: thank you my sweet! :D

    blogchef: nope! :D

    jenny: thanks dear! :D

    razetwist: true! have to save up for another pan! :D

    redshoe: that i don't know dear. :( you could check chanel.com for that concern

    gellie: very interesting! please check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to get breakouts when I do so...off topic,
    Reflexes

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)