Review: Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primers


Here's a review on Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer in 002 and 001

PRICE: P825.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: All Revlon counters in malls and department stores nationwide


THE VERDICT:

Joining the hit Photoready line is the Photoready Color Correcting Primers, a line of primers that smoothens out your canvas while diffusing light for photo perfect skin. I have been using this a lot recently because it is very lightweight and most importantly, I didn't breakout from using it.


The primers are housed in a glass bottle with a pump dispenser. I love the pump because it's so hygienic, but the bottle is errr....heavy. Because the glass is sort of tempered and quite thick. But at least it's sturdy enough to last a few impacts.

The primers have a cream-to-silicone consistency. I like the texture because it doesn't feel as if I have a blanket on my face. I can layer it on without getting that "thick" feel on my skin. It settles quickly on my skin too. It is fragrance- free, but it reeks of a sharp chemical- like odor. But don't worry, the smell goes away after a few minutes.

Click READ MORE for the swatches!


Here's 002, a lavender shade that's meant to neutralize sallow skin.


002 on my skin.


001 is White, which is actually colorless. It's best for people who don't have to deal with any skin discoloration.


Here's White on me.

Contrary to what is advertised, I find that these primers are too sheer to correct any skin discoloration. But I still love it because it really smoothens out my skin and lets me apply foundation evenly. It also keeps my makeup intact for a good 4 hours. I don't have any minor or major skin discoloration, so I find these faults forgivable. But still, these products don't live up to their claim.

I wish Revlon would reformulate and add more pigments to the primers. If you need an affordable primer that works well in evening out your skin surface, and locks your makeup in place, I would suggest this. But if you need something that will neutralize your skin, I would suggest something else like Shu Uemura's UV Underbase.

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. Sis, what's the main ingredient ng mga primers?I heard kc sa friend ng sister ko hindi daw maganda yung photo ready line. Dami daw di nagagandahan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using this Revlon photoready for 1 month na. and I am very much happy with this.. Before kase konting hangin lang.. retouch kagad ang face ko..and i find it hard to find one na magtatagal ang pagka fine and glosy ng face's skin ko.. buti nlang gumamit ako nito. But my only problem is.. kapag gumamit ako ng isang produkto..nagtatagal nga sya sakin.. pero the more na matagal ko na syang ginagamit, the more na unti-unting nawawala effect.. so i have to switch again.. even sa shampoo..or lotion.. ewan ko ba.. ganun ako.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath: this one is rich in polymers and silicone. Talaga? I like the powder. Very sheer and lightweight.

    Rochelle: thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hhmmm..read this siguro thrice. Im a bit confused lang kung anong pinagkaiba ng primers and BB Creams?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you use this with body shop's all in one bb cream? Coz the bb cream is quite oily and i have very oily skin can this one work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie: Hi there and sorry for the dated reply. :) Both are primers but traditional Primer can't be used alone, whereas BB creams can be used on its own. Primers have better oil control than BB creams. :)

    Joan: Hi there! Maybe you should change to a more water- based BB cream. This will work because Silicone is a known sebum deterrent. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)