Review: Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in CR 341


Here's a review on Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in CR 341

PRICE: P1,295.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Shu Uemura counters in Rustan's malls; Trinoma; Powerplant Mall; Alabang Town Center


THE VERDICT:

Unlimited beauty begins with a lipstick. Lipstick inspires you to imagine your whole make-up expression.

- Yuji Asano, Shu Uemura International Chief Makeup Artist

Oh h3ll yeah I totally agree with you, Yuji. If you may recall, The Beauty Junkee was built on my passionate love for lipsticks. It is because lipsticks are so powerful-a single stroke can truly inspire and change your mood. It invites you to take on a whole new personality. A tube of lipstick is my gateway to infinite looks and possibilities, and that's why I love it. I'm happy to know that Yuji shares this sentiment of mine. (Feeling close? Haha!)

FYI, Mr. Shu Uemura starts with the lips when he's doing makeup. That's how he values lipsticks so much, hence his impressive array of Rouge Unlimited and Supreme Shine lipsticks. With over 50 shades to choose from, it is impossible not to find the right shade for you. Now the problem is choosing. :P

Colors are like personalities. They are infinite

- Shu Uemura


I want to take a break from my usual go- to colors, (red, wine, burgundy, pink) so I went for this pretty warm coral shade called CR 341. Click READ MORE to know my thoughts and for the swatches.

The packaging had a makeover. The fat, crystal clear tubes were replaced with something similar but this time, it's sleeker.


But as far as I can remember, the older version had longer lipsticks. We don't have a lot of product for this new version.


Here's a skin swatch of CR 341. In comparison with the old lipstick, the new ones are more buttery, and they glide on easily. It leaves a superb moisturizing barrier on my lips. It's also pigmented in spite of the watery texture and consistency.

CR 341 is the perfect coral shade for morenas. It's a warm coral shade with a hint of gold glimmer.

In one swipe, I get a good dose of color. The shade enhances my golden skin tone! This lipstick is also true-to-color, meaning what you see on the tube is what you get on your lips!


TIP FOR MORENAS: Wanna sport coral lips? Go for warmer shades! They don't wash you out and they enhance your beautiful skin color!

Staying power is not great because the lipstick has a watery consistency. But if you don't use your lips, it could stay longer. It is also non-drying because it has moisturizing ingredients, and fills in fine lines for healthier looking lips. And since the lipstick is soft, don't ever, ever leave it in a very hot place or else, it'll melt.

Overall, it's pretty great. I'd love to get one again. Next time, I'll try their reds because Shu Uemura has gorgeous red colors!

**Shu Uemura also has the Supreme Shine lipsticks, lipsticks with a glossier finish.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Martha, oh mee, oh my.... you look gorgeous. This one's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always! I love that lip shade on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh na fresh ang face mo dear :D Ganda ng color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I like the shade of the lipstick but I am not sure if "hiyang" ko yan. Is it hypoallergenic? So far, the only lipsticks I am able to use are Almay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooohhh.. i love shu uemura's lippies. :) i got 3 already. haha. i love the texture it gives when i apply it on my lips. :)

    my next project is Chanel's Allure Rouge Velvet... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning Ms. Martha!.. The shade of your lipstick enhance your beautiful skin complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wala na talagang makakapantay sa beauty mo kapag naka orange ka!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)