Review: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation


Here's a review on Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation with SPF 15 in Warm Natural 4.5

PRICE: P2,650.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Bobbi Brown Rustan's, Shangri- La Mall; Bobbi Brown Rustan's Makati


THE VERDICT:

Bobbi Brown has done it again. She has proven once more that she is the queen of foundation with her newest product, Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation w/ SPF 15.

I have never ever come across a single Bobbi Brown foundation that has disappointed me, and I have never ever met someone who didn't like the same Bobbi Brown product as well. Why? It is because when you have a deeper understanding of skin, you create marvelous skin products. Bobbi is just that-- she is known for her dedication to her brand. Her love for makeup, particularly skin products, is the driving force behind her exceptional foundation lines. You'd probably think that she's passed her expertise on to her manufacturers because her brand is global but no, she is still hands- on with the creation of every single Bobbi Brown product. Truly, nothing beats the skill of a passionate creator.


So let's now go to the product. This new foundation comes in a sturdy frosted glass bottle that has a bit of weight. Whenever I'll be out for a few days, I'd transfer some product to a container so I can still sport perfect- looking skin even if the foundation is at home.


It also has a pump dispenser for controlled and hygienic dispensing. The pump is not glued onto the bottle so you can always reuse it when you have finally finished it up.

Click READ MORE for swatches and my thoughts!


My shade is Warm Natural 4.5, second to the darkest shade from the line, which is Honey. However, it still goes on a bit light because it has SPF content. But at least it doesn't leave a white cast because it still has a heavy yellow undertone, and it just disappears onto my skin flawlessly and naturally.


Here's the swatch. The foundation is gel- based, and has a whipped consistency. It goes on smoothly, and has a dreamy and creamy texture that's so easy to work with. It's called EVEN FINISH because even with minimal blending, it still looks even. Brilliant foundation, eh?

It yields a full coverage and semi- matte finish, and has a soothing Lavender scent.

Check out how the foundation has fared on my skin:


Bare skin


With one layer of Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation

Notice that it has smoothed out my skin without the "thick" look. In spite of its ultra rich consistency, it surprisingly feels light on skin! I've observed that as I blend it onto my skin, it has a tendency to harden because it's the foundation's way of adhering to my skin. You'd probably think that it will make your face feel tight but na- ah, not this foundation. It still gives my skin some room to breathe because it doesn't feel as if something is pasted onto my face. Drying time is quick too.


It can cover mild post- acne marks sans the help of concealer too!

APPLICATION TIPS: You may opt to use a foundation brush or your fingers when applying this product. Get an ample amount and apply gently onto your skin in a downward motion. Should you need more coverage, let the first layer dry up completely before applying another one.


So here's me using Bobbi's Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation. I look perfect, don't I? LOL! :D But seriously, this foundation just makes you forget that you have those darn acne marks and you're wearing thick foundation. It looks matte, but not the flat and stage- like kind of matte. Ah, it's marvelous. That's all I can say.

After 8 hours...


So here's my skin after a night of partying. Would you actually believe that I did not retouch my foundation during the time of wear?! It amazingly stayed put, and it didn't even fade! OMG. Hands down to this foundation!

However, since it yields a thick coverage, people with sensitive skin might break out from it. So I suggest that you do a patch test first before buying the whole thing. So far, I didn't experience any breakout in my usage.

It's love in a bottle. I recommend it to just about anyone who requires prolonged makeup wear, has oily skin, normal skin, and those who are Bobbi Brown foundation lovers like me. I wouldn't say that this is more superior to my favorite, Skin Foundation, because it does some things that the SF can't do and vice versa. In itself, it is a good product with a lot of great points, just like the rest of Bobbi's foundation variants. Don't you just love Bobbi Brown? Her foundation products are not generic-- they're all unique! Definitely worth splurging on! :)

Post a Comment

9 Comments

  1. Yes you are perfect! Ang galing! It hides the acne marks and it just one layer full coverage na talaga! Galing talaga ng products ng Bobbi Brown.Sana makabili ako soon! You are so beautiful talaga Ms.M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you do look perfect! really? it did not fade even if you have oily skin? oh, i should get my hands on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mukhang fresh yung face mo Martha after partying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! you look perfect on that foundation! :) Definitely, worth buying for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny: thanks dear! :D

    lechique: True! :D

    Kath: yup! galing no?

    Issa: nope! I have oily skin, and it stayed put! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. another must-have for oily skin. thank God for your post. :)

    btw, i lurve the eye makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Finally, I found this review na. I'm back reading your blog posts since I just recently found your blog. I will definitely save for this foundation. I hope I could get one soon. Thank you so much talaga, Ms. Martha. Now I am more inspired and motivated to work hard for me to save for those great products you are sharing to us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi!. what eyebrow product did you used? it stayed put also hehe thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we have the same skin tone. If you get this again, would you still purchase 4.5 Warm Natural or would you go for 5 Honey?

    Thanks!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)