Review: Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner


Here's a review on Revlon Colorstay Gel Eye Liner in Black

PRICE: P300-P500.00
PLACE BOUGHT: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: All Revlon counters in malls nationwide


THE VERDICT:

Revlon's Colorstay Crayon Pencil was my very first HG eyeliner because it stays put and lasts all day. So when Revlon came out with a gel version of it, I got pretty excited because I really love the Colorstay line, and gel liners.


As instructed, you can insert the brush into the jar cover for a longer handle. Sorry I forgot to put a pic showcasing that product feature. But I find that even without the cover, the brush works just fine. The slight shortness of the brush lets you control the brush better. It's great for those who are not so used to gel liners. The brush is quite soft-- there's literally no scratching, and the slim body helps me create precise lines. However, it hardens if you don't clean it up after usage because the gel liner clumps right at the tip. Wipe it clean with a sheet of wet wipes or damp tissue before storage. Lastly, don't ever lose that cylindrical brush protector because it keeps your brush's shape. I lost mine, and my gel liner's brush is pretty useless now because it has fanned out!

Click READ MORE for more thoughts!


The gel liners come in different colors too. Mine is black.


Jar is pretty small, and it doesn't eat up too much space in my makeup kit.


Here's the swatch. Its texture is soft and spreadable, but pigmentation is just okay. I had to swatch the product twice to get that color payoff. Drying time is pretty slow too, which is a caveat for all gel liners. But the great thing about its pigmentation is, you can control the intensity, and it's good for those who don't like bold lines.


Here it is on me. I did not use an eye primer during this time. I find that when it is freshly applied, the product sticks onto my eyelash curler, so I have to keep it away from the gel liner as much as possible.

AFTER 8 HOURS


It did smudge for a little bit, but it's not too noticeable. The color has faded, but at least it didn't smear across my lids and under eyes.

Overall, it's pretty good. It performs better and stays longer if used with a good eye primer. It's pretty affordable, so all the caveats are forgivable. If you have oily lids, make sure you wear it with an eye primer. This will work best on people with normal skin around their eyes.

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. Try the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner. it works wonders and the brush is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! im starting to fall inlove with gel liners these days so i will definitely check this one out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bagay kaya sakin ang black eyeliner?Some says masyado daw "matapang" pag black yung eyeliner ko. I'm using always using brown. Might try swatching this at revlon counters. Ang cute din ng pot, ang liit. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this review Ms. Martha.. I've been thinking to purchase either Maybelline gel eyeliner or this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i normally don't use gel liners -- mine is always an epic fail. :) but i won't stop until i make a perfect line. thanks for this post Martha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)