Review: J&C Super Clean Solutions Makeup Brush Cleaner
Here's a review on J&C Superclean Solutions Makeup Brush Cleaner
BOUGHT FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Please inquire via J&C's Facebook Fan Page
To all my professional MUA readers out there, (this also goes to every makeup junkie) I know how hard it is to nurture a LOT of babies-makeup brushes to be exact-and sometimes, your busy schedules do not permit you to clean them as often as you want to. Cleaning makeup tools is a very important practice in the makeup industry so I'm sure you'll all agree when I say that at least twice to thrice a week, you should rinse your brushes clean. But the essential question is, who has the time?
With this in mind, I am happy to introduce J&C Makeup Brush Cleaner, a quick- drying, fast- acting, and easy-to-use makeup brush cleaner that will temporarily get rid of dirt from your brushes so they're fresh and ready again for your next makeup adventure. This product is the baby of Jenny and Celine, the brains and beauties behind ARC PR. Read more about them in the Charm Sonia X J&C Superclean Makeup Brush Cleaner launch.
The good thing about this product is that it has Spearmint Oil. What's the fuss about it?
- In case you guys didn't know, in a medical study in 'Microbios' published sometime around 2001, Spearmint Oil was proven to have good antimicrobial effects, blocking certain pathogens such as H.Pylori, Salmonella, and E.Coli. Needless to say, this product will help get rid of any bacteria lingering in your brushes, especially on animal hair bristles.
- Liquid face bases usually contain oil, and it is the reason why you can't remove them (the liquid face products) from your brushes completely. FYI, Oil is the only thing that can remove oil, and the spearmint oil content in this makeup brush cleaner will soak off persistent liquid or cream foundation from your brushes.
Click READ MORE and see a photo and live demo of this makeup brush cleaner!
In this photo demo, I am going to clean my Artist Studio Powder Brush.
As you can see, it's quite dirty!
I have sprayed the product thrice around the brush--that's enough to drench the entire thing with the brush cleaner. In here, I am rubbing it gently on a sheet of tissue.
Voila! In less than 10 swipes and 3 minutes, the brush is clean! It only took 5 minutes for the bristles to dry up completely.
3. Dries up quickly
4. Has a comforting, spearmint scent
5. Has antimicrobial properties
6. Does not stiffen bristles
7. Leaves bristles with a very light fragrance
8. Good to use on synthetic or animal hair bristles
9. Comes in a tote-able bottle
None, actually. I was about to list down "Has alcohol content" as a con but I've realized that most skin care products contain Ethyl Alcohol as an ingredient, although it's very minimal. However, for this product, the main ingredient is Ethyl Alcohol (which is why it is the first product in the ingredients list) and it could dry out your skin in the long run if it touches your skin everyday. It's a con, but not so much, you see. Just don't abuse this product!
Here's a live demo of the product. Enjoy watching!
In comparison with another makeup brush cleaner brand I've used, Parian Spirit, I would have to say that the scent of J&C is more tolerable than the former, and it's more affordable too.
In conclusion, I would say that this is a great product because it cleans brushes with minimal time and effort. This is a good, quick cleansing remedy for overused and super dirty brushes. But don't forget to clean your brushes with soap and water if you have the time, as nothing beats the cleansing power of this duo!
Please visit J&C SUPERCLEAN SOLUTIONS on Facebook for your inquiries and orders.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.