Review: M.A.C Lipglass in Cultured


Here's a review on MAC Lipglass in Cultured

Price: P1,000.00
Bought From: Free
Other Locations: Available in MAC Powerplant Mall, Glorietta 2, Rustan's Shangri-La Mall, Trinoma, Ayala Center Cebu, SM Mall of Asia

THE VERDICT:

Cultured is one of the universally flattering milky pink lip glosses out there. Quite truthfully, this is one cultured gloss for it enhances any skin tone with such grace: It is never off- looking, doesn't wash out the complexion, and subtly coats the lips with a delightful creamy pink shade.

M.A.C LIPGLASS IN CULTURED IN DETAIL

Comes with a doe foot applicator, and the hits the lips spot on. Is it just me, or M.A.C has changed the old nylon brush applicator into this one? I forgot already-haven't owned this product for a loooong time!

Digression!

Cultured is a pale pink shade with a hint of lilac and soft silver shimmer. It brightens the complexion and sorta' blurs out lip lines. It bears M.A.C's iconic vanilla fragrance, but doesn't have any weird taste. The gloss is a bit sticky and has a tendency to bleed around the lips so I powder my lips slightly before usage to give it some hold. Coverage is light to medium yet pigmentation is very good.


M.A.C LIPGLASS IN CULTURED IN ACTION

Wine, please. :D

Here's Cultured on me. I thought that it wouldn't fit my skin tone as I really have no luck with milky pink lip glosses, but it turned out decent. It doesn't make my teeth appear yellow, and looks awesome with a lot of smoky eye makeup looks.

Photo credits: supergorgeous.co.uk

Here's a photo I grabbed from supergorgeous.co.uk to give you guys an idea on how it will fare on lighter skin tones. Still looks good, no?

Since Cultured is a wee bit sheer, you can use it to enhance lipsticks, specifically pink lipsticks-Cultured just goes well with them!


One layer of M.A.C Cultured Lip Glass


TIP: On darker pink lipsticks, dab Cultured on the center part of the lower lip to get pouty lips-this works best with darker shades of pink lipsticks!

Staying power is okay: If untouched, it stays put for a good 2 hours, but it transfers easily onto surfaces. It leaves lips with a moisturizing finish even after coming off though. 

I like this color, but it's just nice to have and something that I will only purchase for variety's sake-I'm saying this because I am not really a fan of lipgloss and milky pink shades. I will recommend it to you if you want a versatile topper for pink lipsticks, and if you're simply a fan of pale lip colors.

M.A.C LIPGLASS IN CULTURED RATING

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. I'm not a fan of lip glosses myself and & I only use them on special occasions. Its nice to have one in your collection but its something I can live w/o. I just don't feel the same way w/ them than I do with my foundation & concealer! I still prefer to use lip balms, and also, I think using a lip gloss is just a fancier way to retouch. But that's just me! I still love how it came out on you though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have tried MAC lippies and happily i owned 3 tubes already =) though puro lipstick po yun.. havent tried their lipglass =) most of the reviews na nabasa ko sticky daw po sya.. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wear lipgloss on its own - it looks weird on me.

    I totally dig the lipstick + lipglass combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look great to you Ms. Martha.. hmm guess i need to buy one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a fan of lipgloss either but this one is pretty :) still, if ever i would buy a MAC product, i would prefer the lippies! :D (mahal kasi and i want to spend on something that i would really use.hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love it with the lipstick! it really enhanced your lip color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing you insights, loveys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)