DHC Cleansing Oil Review


Here's a review on DHC Cleansing Oil.

Price: Around 150HKD+ (Approximately P800.00+)
Bought From: Bonjour, Hong Kong
Other Locations: Sasa, DHC Online, Digital Traincase

THE VERDICT:

DHC was dubbed as the cheaper counterpart (take note: It's a COUNTERPART, not an ALTERNATIVE) of Shu Uemura's awesome albeit pricey cleansing oils. Why? Because it pretty much does the same job as Shu's, but doesn't hurt your wallet so much. The rave about it started in Asia and has spread across the West, making it as one of their cult cleanser favorites. When I saw it in Bonjour, Hong Kong, I got it to know what the rave is all about.

DHC CLEANSING OIL IN DETAIL

DHC, a Japanese brand, is an all- natural deep cleansing oil made with Olive Oil and Vitamin E to help soften skin. The consensus is, people love it because it is very tough yet moisturizing.

Ingredients: Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil

Bottle feels pretty exquisite and is very simple-other Asian bloggers were ranting about the 'blah' packaging, but I don't see any problem with it-I appreciate simplicity in my products unless of course you're into cute stuff. DHC, btw, has released a packaging for this product in collaboration with Disney and they're cute enough for me-I think you'll find it cute too.

Click READ MORE for this dry skin- friendly and good cleansing oil!


The pump doesn't come with an open-close option, but rather a lock-I find it not that controllable too. By the way, bottle is pretty heavy and bulky. 

DHC CLEANSING OIL IN ACTION

DHC is a green colored cleansing oil. It is fragrance- free, but caution though: scent is literally like Olive Oil. (Yes, the one you use for cooking) I have no problems with that though, but if you're sensitive about natural fragrances, I will tell you right now that the scent of this product is a little off- putting-I myself would sometimes be turned off by it!

Consistency is very thick-somewhat a lil' thicker than Shu Uemura's, hence I need 1 1/2 pumps only to cover my entire face and to remove makeup (from waterproof to non-waterproof) effectively, but it doesn't leave any oily residue nor does it make my face feel extra oily. Instead, it leaves skin soft and supple, just like a baby's bum. I really think dry- skinned ladies will find refuge in this product.

Again, just like Shu, it becomes a milky cleanser when mixed with water. You may opt to skip regular facial cleanser, but I prefer using one because I'm paranoid about cleanliness just like that! It rinses off quickly and easily, and don't worry, the Olive Oil fragrance does not stay. What I've noticed was, even if I use drying facial cleansers like those with Salicylic Acid, my face-especially my cheeks-doesn't feel dry whenever I'm using this as a pre-cleanser.

It's just a pretty simple cleansing oil-nothing more, nothing less. What's the hype again? I guess it is just one of the first affordable cleansing oils that dared to challenge the authority of Shu Uemura in this category and it pretty much delivered: Cleanses really well like Shu, becomes a milky cleanser like Shu, texture is as exquisite as Shu, but price is nowhere near Shu. I also think that the reason why a lot of people living in the West love this product to bits is because its thick consistency proved to be favorable in their dry weather. My oily skin is fine with it and I didn't breakout from it thank God. However, there have been reviews saying that this product causes black and white heads, bumps, and zits on combination and oily skin, perhaps those who, at the same time, have sensitive skin so use with caution or if you can find a sample, try that first. I'd love to have it again because its generally good and natural and ingredients are minimal, but I won't go the extra mile for it-there are a lot of affordable and good, but accessible cleansing oils locally and they should be good. Besides that, it does nothing more than moisturize my skin. Digital Traincase is currently selling DHC cleansing oil so you might want to visit their website to inquire and to purchase.

DHC DEEP CLEANSING OIL RATING

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. I hope hey change the packaging :( I always misplace those little detachable locks :( do you recommend it to teenagers? great review thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not comfy using cleansing oils. Do you have any tips on usage? If I plan to skip soapy cleansers, what's your advice for the oil not to feel icky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ordered VCO coco puro oil 1 liter since last year October 2012 and Im still using it as my makeup remover.I donot have problem with that, it moisturizes my face enough :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im still using VCO Ive been using it for almost a year. :)dont have problem with that too.you might want to try it Ms.M?

    ReplyDelete
  5. not a fan of cleansing oil ms m =( i first saw dhc brand from foreign bloggers =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam: Hi Pam! Welcome to my blog. Yes I would because it's pretty basic and very moisturizing. In short, it's the gentlest cleansing oil I have tried. :)

    Rhain: Aww. :p

    Stephanie: I have a vco cleansing oil and it's made by VMV Hypoallergenics. Will try that soon. :)

    Anonymous: Hi and welcome to my blog! Awesome! I'm about to try this VCO- based makeup remover from Vmv Hypoallergenics. Hope it doesn't break me out or anything. :)

    Tellie: You have to find a very good cleansing oil. Shu Uemura is a good example because it does not leave any oily residue even if you don't wash it off with foaming cleanser. I guess its oil-to-cleanser formula plays a huge part in that. Still, I would wash off cleansing oil from my skin even if it's icky or not because I really want to be sure that my face is clean. :) I also find that splashing water on my face after using cleansing oil is good enough to remove it, but of course, that's the case with very good cleansing oils. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the tiny bottle of this because I was uncertain if it would work for me. Also, I had the mentality that an oily face plus more oil would lead to disastrous results. This was quite the opposite. It's comparable with Shu nga, but the scent lang is the biggest difference. This one smells like true blue olive oil. It gets most of my makeup off in one go, except for waterproof mascara.

    I'm surprised this isn't commercially available yet as it's just so popular worldwide.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)