I've been overdosing on Buzzfeed in the last few months and I thoroughly their list articles so I decided to make one too. There was this particular list entitled "25 Problems Only Pale Girls Will Understand" so I thought of making a counterpart: "4 Problems Only Morena Girls Will Understand." Here's a good laugh for my fellow morenas! :))
Photo Credit: everlastingimpressions.blogspot.com
1. The White Cast
- Yup, it's the spell that we never want to be cast upon us.
3 other problems after the break!
Photo Credit: memegenerator.com
2. "Ma'm, this is our darkest shade."
- When there's a particular foundation that I really, really like and the best part is it's affordable, but unfortunately, the darkest shade is too white for my life. (Wait, you consider that dark?) Yup, this thing happens all the time.
3. "That's nice, but you look better in gold- toned jewelry."
- This happens all the time when I ask people about their opinion on silver or gold- toned jewelry: even if the silver one is obviously nicer overall than the gold one, they will still insist that the latter's better on me.
Photo Credit: flickr.com
4. "Bagay ka dun, exotic ka eh." (You'll fit there because you're 'exotic')
- Another comment that I get all the time when I muse that I want to travel to a particular Western country. I mean, does being Morena always mean being a commodity for foreigners? Out of the four problems, this is the comment that I ALWAYS get-I used to get very pissed at this objectification, but I eventually learned to just laugh it off.
Got your own hilarious Morena Girl problems? Share them with me! :D
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.