In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Is Laser Hair Removal Really Effective?
Wassup guys? Did you know that February is the only month for 2015 that didn't leave any space in the calendar? As in there was no spill over from the previous month and no overlap from the succeeding month. Just thought you guys would like to know! :D
Our FMF for today is from Teresa. We're going to talk about Laser Hair Removal today. :)
I've been a reader of yours since 2009. I got married in 2010 and had a baby in 2011, and still, I'm an avid reader. I think I need your blog now more than ever because as a mom who's raising a very naughty tot, your blog is the quickest way for me to have my 'me time'.
This question has long been bothering me now and it's time that I get an answer from no less than you, the Beauty guru. My question is: Is Laser Hair Removal really effective? Does it really get rid of hair? Do I have to maintain it forever or for just a couple of months/years? My husband is asking me what I want for my birthday and I'm thinking of requesting a Laser Hair Removal package. What do you think? If it's effective, I'd probably give it a go. If not, I'll just buy shoes hehe!
Thanks, Martha. Keep on blogging and being a source of inspiration and information for Filipinas!
Always a fan,
Awww, what a touching story! Thank you, thank you for making The Beauty Junkee a part of your life in the last 5 years. Thank you for sticking with me and for putting up with my rants, sucky blog posts, and sometimes, lack of posts! I wish I could meet you one day so I could personally thank you for patronizing my blog throughout these years. :)
You sure have one, generous husband right in there! :) Shoes would be really nice too, but let's focus on Laser Hair Removal, which is what you originally want for your birthday.
So, is it really effective?
Click READ MORE. ;)
Laser Hair Removal is a semi-permanent procedure that lessens and slows down hair growth-notice that I highlighted the word semi- permanent because this is what people overlook and what most brands don't highlight when advertising such treatments. According to a dermatologist and doctor that I had a conversation with, Laser does not guarantee permanent hair removal because surprise, surprise, as long as you're living, your body will keep on producing hair. You can't just "shut down" your pores and follicles-if you can, then most probably, you're dead. :p
I think what Laser Hair Removal really guarantees is convenience and kinder days for your skin: After a number of sessions, frequency of hair growth will be reduced and hair density will lessen, thus you won't have to pluck and shave often anymore-in turn, your skin won't suffer and endure damage from friction due to shaving and pressure due to waxing.
How do you guarantee that you will achieve these results? Here are the ways:
1. First and foremost, choose a reputable salon. I do believe that what you give is what you get so if you go for cheap salons, don't complain if you get cheap services. Cheap services could mean getting your skin burned, subjecting yourself under subpar aestheticians, getting infected, and being deprived of the standard Laser frequency for each trial to be productive. For treatments like this, I say go all out-an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure!
2. Be consistent. For Laser Hair Removal to be effective, it has to target hair growth at specific stages-your aestheticians and doctors are trained to gauge this so if they tell you to come back after 3 weeks, then do so. Otherwise, you'll disrupt your own progress!
3. Purchase the complete package. If the doctor recommends 10 sessions, don't bargain for 8. Otherwise, you'll just be wasting your time and money.
4. Since this is a semi-permanent procedure, you have to maintain it forever, but it won't be as costly and time- consuming in the long run like in your first few months. Some would have to undergo twice a year trials while others, once only.
Here are my recommended salons for Laser Hair Removal. If you have time, schedule a consultation in these salons to compare their services, offers, amenities, and rates so you can find which one suits your needs.
1. Strip Ministry of Waxing
2. Facial Care Center
3. Wink Laser and Wax Studio
4. Flawless Face and Body Clinic
Enjoy and let me know how your trial goes! :)
**Got a burning question about makeups, skin care products, beauty, dieting, and health tips, relationships, and whatever? Just send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or shoot 'em up at The Beauty Junkee's FB Fan Page via the MESSAGE button and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. (Please, do not send me Math- related queries. :D)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.