The Beauty Junkee 6th Anniversary MEGA Giveaway will launch on April 15, 2015. 28 brand sponsors, 300+ products, and 200k worth of prizes to be given away to 12 readers: 11 from the Philippines and one international winner. (Yes! Opening this grand giveaway for the first time to my international readers.)
SAVE THE DATE: APRIL 15, 2015 :)
So Mr. Jones is finally no more in Greenbelt 5 and that made me really sad. I love their Mr. Jones Angus Tapa and Truffle and Beef Fries so much! :(((
One time, I passed the area where Mr. Jones used to stand and found out that this restaurant called Torch is now occupying that area. I experienced Torch years back in their first- ever branch in Greenhills and I recall that their food is good. Whew, at least Mr. Jones was replaced with something promising!
How do I say this? Forgive my limited vocabulary-I believe Torch is a fusion restaurant that focuses primarily on Asian, American, and Italian cuisines.
PRICE RANGE: Appetizer starts at P180.00; Salad starts at P250.00; Main Course starts P250.00; Desserts start P180.00
Torch, to me, is the ultimate pig- out and comfort food zone because it has everything that I need to live a happy life :D : pizza, pasta, ramen, salad, soup, sushi, burger, steak, and pancakes.
Click READ MORE and check out my personal faves from Torch!
Torch Signature Roll
- As the name implies, this sushi contains only the premium ingredients: soft shell crab, ebi tempura, unagi, tamago, Japanese cucumber, and drizzled with fresh Wakame seaweed, Kani, and ripe mangoes. This is delicious but VERY filling so be sure to share it with friends, unless you're in Torch for Sushi and Sushi alone. ;)
Peanut Butter And Jelly Wings
- Oh, this is delightful! It's prolly the best wings I've had in a while. Think of this: It's sweet, salty chicken wings with a nutty, buttery flavor. Sounds weird, but it's GOOOODDD. :D
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- One of the two pizzas we've ordered just because the BF was craving for sandwich and pizza, and this dish satisfied that craving of his. It's thin crust pizza with a creamy, savory taste. I think I prefer this better now than the sandwich version!
- This one, we ordered because someone was craving for Shrimp-it was also the first time we've heard of Gambas on Pizza so we thought, why not? This cheesy, seafood treat is best for those who are looking for a low- calorie pizza dish. However, I just found it too spicy and it wasn't too special.
The pizzas in general are HUGE and normally have 8 slices. You can even have the slices sliced to even smaller portions.
Bacon And Egg Carbonara
- And just like that darn, tasty Peanut Butter and Jelly Wings, this, too, is prolly the best Carbonara I've had in a while. It's super rich, super generous with everything, and I like that the dish's size is just right-anything more than this portion would induce umay. :p
- Time for dessert! The BF opted for a simple dessert in the form of Bread Pudding. Torch's version is good for one, chilled, and a tad bit sweet, but bearable. Never knew that Bread Pudding can taste good chilled!
Torch should be your go- to place when you're just in the mood to pig- out or have some good conversations over good food with friends. I'm coming back! ;)
MUST- TRY IN TORCH:
1. Bacon And Egg Carbonara
2. Peanut Butter And Jelly Wings
3. Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
Torch is located in the following areas: Greenbelt 5; Connecticut St., Greenhills, San Juan (477-3771); UP Town Center (287-8675); 2nd Level Garden Restaurants, Trinoma, Quezon City.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.