In: RANDOM THOUGHTS
DEAR READERS: What's Your To- Do List for 2016?
Photo Credit: pencilfactory.tumblr.com
As you all know, instead of resolutions, I call it my NEW YEAR TO DO LIST because it sounds more proactive. One of the meanings of Resolution is "a firm decision to do or not to do something"; there's always the option to 'not do' your commitment, therefore TO DO LIST is a much better term because you leave yourself with no choice but to do it!
I was pretty surprised at the to do list I made for this year: it doesn't have too much material stuff; perhaps it's a sign that I've matured a notch (blame it on the business!) and I'm starting to feel my age and its desires: house, car, a more secure future, more positivity, and peace of mind. While I still want another luxury handbag for Christmas, I could do without that if I could achieve these this year (and so it is!).
Photo Credit: bornrich.com
1. Invest in Stocks
- A plan last year that I had to set aside because my business needed funding. I've always had this fantasy of retiring comfortably (and early!) and I plan to make this happen so I'm investing in stocks this year; I'll start little and I'll increase when I can finally afford to or if I see along the way that it's best for me.
Photo Credit: bostoncondoloft.com
2. Do Condo Spotting
- I wanna have my own flat in 1-2 years' time; a 1-BR. condo will do. I'm looking at options in Taguig and Makati; I will always and forever be a South girl, and I want my first house to be here!
Photo Credit: doreen-r.com
3. Get Fit, do Muay Thai, Claim That Abs this year
- I must admit, I lagged in my fitness journey last year; this 2016, I'm more than ready to become more fit and to get 80% closer to that abs goal (I was about 50% close last 2014-205). I also want to do intense cardio again this year after a year of rest and Muay Thai is my chosen sport.
Photo Credit: aegisengineering.com
4. Meet New People, Make More Relationships, Get More Clients
- This year, I aim to make new friends in every gathering/event/party I go to to expand my network. On the business side, I plan to introduce my business to more people and close more deals.
Photo Credit: cpaantoniosecola.com
5. Eat Cheap, but well
- One bad habit I did last year was I spent so much on food. Starting a new business is really stressful and I turned to food to reward, console, and push myself. When I computed how much I spent on food last year, my eyes wanted to fall out my sockets so this year, I plan to stick to a P350.00 meal per day when dining outside. Also, I will make healthier food choices this year. Eat cheap, but well is my mantra for the year; it's really possible with the bevy of food choices we have nowadays!
Photo Credit: lonelyplanet.com
6. CAIRNS, AUSTRALIA!
- My major trip for the year is to Cairns, Australia, home of the Great Barrier Reef! I'll save up for the trip starting this month and I'll travel there on October. :D
Photo Credit: rocknrollbride.com
7. Become more optimistic and positive
- I think I was at my worst in terms of attitude towards life last year; I was constantly stressed, overworked, anxious, and tired, that my happy go lucky, always sunny attitude refused to show most of the time. This year, I plan to go back to the happy me and rain or shine, happy or sad, I vow to choose positivity and optimism first!
So these things top my to-do list for the year. What are yours? :)
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.