In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: How To Combat Dryness When Wearing Matte Foundation
Well what do you know; we're almost halfway through January! How was the first month of the year for you? Mine is a little busy and confused (still fixing my sched and plans for the first six months), but come February, I'll have all things ironed out.
Today, our FMF is from Joyce and she's asking how to prevent skin from turning dry and flaky when wearing matte foundation.
Happy Friday! Oh, I get that problem too. Sometimes, my skin gets weirdly dry on some areas and sometimes, the foundation just has a drying formula. Here are some techniques to do to prevent your skin from getting dry, flaky, and itchy when wearing matte foundation.
- A lot of people don't know that some skin types still need to moisturize even before makeup and not all liquid foundations can moisturize and hydrate skin during wear. If you have dry skin in particular, apply a layer of moisturizer on your skin to help combat dryness during the day.
2. Opt For A Moisturizing Primer
- Instead of going for silicone, choose a primer with a moisturizer type of consistency; this will prolong your makeup and help get rid of
Left: bobbibrowncosmetics.com; Right: olay.com
3. Mix Moisturizer With Foundation
- If you can't wait for moisturizer to set in before putting on makeup, the wise thing to do is mix both products! Just apply a dot or two of moisturizer (depending on how much foundation you'll take) on the matte foundation and mix them together. Dryness solved, problem solved!
Left: amazon.com; Right: sephora.com
4. Mix Moisturizing Foundation With Matte Foundation
- A technique I personally do when my skin is oddly flaky on some days. I take my usual amount of matte foundation and add a pump of a moisturizing/watery liquid foundation to break the consistency and add a bit of slip to it; don't add too much of the latter so as to not destroy the properties of the former and make sure the shades match!
Let me know which one of these tricks worked for you!
**Got a burning question on beauty, makeup, skincare, cosmetics, exercise, relationships, or whatever? Send me an email at email@example.com; send me a message via the POWR form; or message me at The Beauty Junkee's Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.