In: FAN MAIL FRIDAYS
FAN MAIL FRIDAYS: Do I really need False Eyelashes + Tips in choosing falsies
It's Friday once again! Thinking of going on a night out with the girls? Maybe this post will come handy. :D Thanks Nicky for the question!
I just want to ask if girls really need to wear false eyelashes or it's just an unnecessary add on? I don't have one yet and I have no plans of buying until a friend of mine pointed out in one party that I should be wearing falsies just because it's a party. Now I'm wondering if I really need it. I also love makeup and I'm wondering if this is a pre-requisite for any makeup lover. Thanks!
First of all, I believe that makeup is self- expression and it's a tool you use to improve and enhance yourself...naturally. If something doesn't feel right and in this case, falsies, then don't use it. At the end of the day, what's important is you are comfortable with your look. With or without falsies, you can look great with makeup and I don't think it's a pre-requisite for any makeup lover!
Personally, I'm not that fond of wearing falsies because I don't like anything that weighs down my eyes or feeling that there's something on my eyes. But I've realized that they are handy, especially when you're going to a special event or if you're going to be photographed. I agree with your friend when she said "it's a party!" because wearing something that you don't really wear often like a pair of falsies makes certain beauty moments extra special. But then again, if it will make you feel more conscious or uneasy than ever, then don't use it!
I wear false eyelashes if I'm going to be photographed for a feature or campaign, and during special occasions. I've realized that it really does make a great difference for the eyes. Admittedly, I am not blessed with lush, long lashes; false eyelashes give that look for me and it brings out and livens up the eyes better in photos. On casual days, I just wear plain mascara.
If it's your first time to buy and wear false eyelashes, here are some handy tips:
1. Unless you are looking for an avant garde or dramatic look, remember this: False eyelashes should resemble the natural look of your hair strands, but only a bit thicker and longer.
2. There are weightless, 100% natural, and lightweight false eyelashes available in the market. Opt for these if you want them to feel just like your natural lashes.
3. For a more natural look, choose a pair that's thicker at the base and slightly thins out upwards. Also, choose one with irregular strand lengths.
4. There are different styles to choose from. Just go for one that helps you achieve your preferred look. Do you fancy Angelina Jolie's winged out lash look? Choose a pair that flares at the end.
5. Brands I would suggest are Red Cherry, Seowoo, Elise, Faboulash, and Bohktoh.
Always remember to store your false eyelashes properly and discard them after a few uses (maybe around 8-10) to keep your eyes safe from possible infection.
**Got a burning question about makeup, fragrances, skincare, Blogging, diet, fitness, career, or whatever? Just send me a message via POWR form, firstname.lastname@example.org, or send me a message at THE BEAUTY JUNKEE official Facebook fan page.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Beauty. Fitness. Fashion. Food. Travel. Unicorns. World Peace. Digify Corporation.