BYS Primer Spray and Matte Makeup Setting Spray: Perfect duo for instant long lasting makeup!

BYS Makeup Setting Spray and Primer Spray review.

PRICE: P599.00/each
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available in SM department stores and Watsons

THE VERDICT:

I don't know about you, but this is the first time I've used a primer spray, although I've encountered one before with Smashbox. I recently got BYS Primer Spray along with Matte Makeup setting spray and road-tested them yesterday under extreme lengths of walking. So, do they work?

Ingredients, primer spray

Primer spray claims to act as a barrier between makeup and skin while providing lasting action for makeup.

Simply put, it's primer in liquid form. It has a slight floral smell, and dries quickly upon skin contact. It does not feel dry; my face feels okay and doesn't feel clogged when the product has settle so it was all good.

Ingredients, Matte Makeup Setting Spray

This setting spray promises to provide a matte finish and keep makeup in place from AM to PM. It has a floral smell just like the primer and doesn't feel tight and dry on the face as well.

Just like you, I'm asking what's the difference between the two since the setting spray can actually act as a primer spray too since both almost have the same effect and quality, but I discovered through a quick glance at the ingredients list that primer spray has a couple more skin care benefits since it sits closely to the skin. P.S. I love the high amount of Niacinamide on the primer spray!

I used these products along with a foundation that has moderate wear. Wore them for 8 hours without retouching and I walked and walked during that time. Here's what my face looks like after 8 hours:

Although my face oiled up, it didn't look greasy and I am impressed that my entire makeup pretty much remained all throughout. No breakouts too, which is always a good thing.

Overall, I like this duo because they're instant and they do a good job at keeping makeup intact and oil from overflowing for a good number of hours. I guess my only nitpick would be that the formula sets so fast, sometimes I think I'm not using enough so I tend to overspray. But you know, that's just me!

BYS PRIMER SPRAY AND MATTE MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY RATING

Please visit BYS PHILIPPINES on Facebook for more information about these products.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. ohhh wow! indeed a new thing! does this primer spray also makes you poreless like the others? I love the dewy look! Super bagay for the summer season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona Aileen ValleMarch 9, 2018 at 9:44 PM

    Haaayyy ito yung dalawang bagay na hindi ko alam gamitin before. Salamat sa mga blogger na tulad mo girl! Hulog ng langit ang primer at setting spray dahil tumatagal ang make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I hope mgsale sila like b1t1 LOL! Para ma try ko both! Eversince natuto ako mg setting spray sa mga workshop mo Ms Martha, ginagawa ko na siya everyday! HAHAHA I love this, sana mag ok siya lalo na at summer na! Lusawan na naman ng makeup lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..I didn't know na may primer spray pla. Your makeup still looks good after a long day. It really did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)