Téviant by Albert Kurniawan and Heart Evangelista: Review and swatches

Téviant makeup collection review.

PRICE: To be revealed within the post
FROM: Free
OTHER LOCATIONS: Available at teviant.ph

THE VERDICT:

Albert Kurniawan is my IT makeup artist at the moment because I align with his eye makeup philosophy: lots of blending, beautiful marriage of colors, and seamless blending of multiple colors that end in a watercolor- like effect on the eyes. Blending is really key to a beautiful eye makeup look! I frequent his page a lot and I recreated one of my favorite looks of his, Heart Evangelista's cobalt blue eye makeup (see the look and tutorial HERE).

When I learned that Albert released his own makeup line, I immediately visited and gushed over the beautiful packaging; it's a Rose Gold lover's dream makeup collection!

See the entire line and my thoughts on Téviant!



Téviant is a realization of Albert's dream and his first collaboration is with Heart Evangelista, whom he fondly calls "Missy", his muse, and the person who, according to Albert, helped open doors to him in the industry.

Téviant debuts with an all eye makeup collection, which mirrors Albert's specialty. The collection is comprised of eyeshadow palettes, false eyelashes, brow products, glitter liners, eyelash curler, and tweezer.

The star of the collection seems to be the gorgeous eyeshadow palettes (P2,450). The palette comes in 4 color combinations: Señorita, Mademoiselle, Queen, and Amore. The palette is gorgeous!

I chose Señorita because I love the colors in this palette; the odd colors namely Vivir and Sangria (odd meaning they're not quite a certain color, but rather a combination of many shades and ended up as such) are great transition colors. Also, I lusted over the shade Lust!

Here are the shades of Señorita. Here are the descriptions of the shades, according to Téviant's official website:

Beso - Multidimensional holographic purple with blue glitter undertones
Envy - Holographic forest green
Mialma - Matte dark brown 
Destiny - Metallic silver
Fantasia - Metallic rust orange
Lust - Matte blue violet
Sangria - Metallic sangria purple
Carino - Holographic baby pink with purple glitter undertones
Vivir - Matte brown with silver glitter
Chica - Multidimensional holographic old rose shade with light blue glitter undertones
Papi - Matte umber brown with gold glitter undertones
Azar - Shimmery black with silver glitter

Texture is soft and pigmentation is medium to heavy, depending on the finish of the eyeshadow. There's a mix of matte, metallic, and shimmer eyeshadows in the palette.

The shimmer and metallic eyeshadows have a beautiful, smooth texture and are very pigmented; they adhere nicely on the skin as well; they're a little delicate though so don't dip your brushes hard onto the pans.

The matte eyeshadows need to be on top of a creamy surface for it to adhere better or you can dampen your eyeshadow brush to give it a slightly creamy texture (don't worry, this doesn't affect the finish of the eyeshadow); this is always the case with matte eyeshadows no matter the brand. What's nice with Téviant's matte eyeshadow is it's very easy to blend!

Téviant Eyebrow Duo (P995) comes in three shades: Empress, Highness, and Queen. The palette, just like the eyeshadow, is gorgeous!

The brow duo comes with two complementing powder shades: A dark one for blending and a lighter one for shading and filling in the edges; it comes with a dual- ended brush, which I find rather small though, but it's useful when traveling.

Here are the glitter liners and eyebrow gel.

Glitter Liner (P995) comes in 5 shades: Amber (metallic rose gold), Argent (steel with silver shimmer), Oro (bronze gold), and Pearl (white with gold and neon green shimmer).

Eyebrow Gel (P995) comes in 4 shades: Lady (medium brown), Dame (Red brown), Miss (Light Brown), and Madam (Dark Brown). 

The eyeliner applicator is a very slim nylon brush; it picks up the right amount of product.

The eyebrow gel wand applicator is quite slim and a bit long, which allows me to cover at least half of my brow in one go, but if you noticed, it's a bit bent so when I tilt the applicator for a bit, I only get to use the topmost portion, which is great when I only want to cover certain areas of my brows.

L-R: Glitter liners in Amber and Pearl, eyebrow gel in Lady

The glitter liners are shiny! They might not look that on this swatch, but against a dark shadow or on top of black eyeliner, it is radiant! Base is a clear gel that dries into a no budge finish. The eyebrow gel on the other hand has a gel consistency and sets into a soft matte finish.

Top to bottom: Tyra, Love, Taylor

Any eye makeup look is incomplete without falsies. Téviant false eyelashes (P295) are made from 100% human hair. These falsies are extremely lightweight, no sharp edges, and amazingly fit the length of lids! I didn't have to cut the ends anymore!

Téviant has tools too: eyelash curler (P995) and and tweezer (P1,150).

The eyelash curler is designed specifically for Asian eyes; I like the curvature of the curler; it sits properly on my lids and doesn't pinch at all; it's just a little stiff in the beginning, but with overtime use, I feel that this will soften up. It comes in an adorable Rose Gold shade too.

The tweezer is a bit expensive, to be honest, but what I have learned from using many tweezers is that there are two types of tweezer: good tweezer and bad tweezer. The bad ones are of course, not precise, wear off easily, and worse, can slice or pinch your lids with one unfortunate slip. The good ones work really well and they last that's why I only buy tweezers from my two preferred brands: Tweezerman and Eye of Horus. 

Téviant's tweezer is made from surgical grade steel, making it suitable for skin contact so don't worry about rusting and irritation especially to those sensitive to copper or certain types of metal in jewelry or tools. The tweezer has a matte finish to reduce slippage and the tension is calibrated to moderate force for a precise tweezing experience. This is high quality stuff and I think it will last me a long time.

Eyebrow Duo in Empress

I'm obsessed with the eyebrow powder! It has a really good texture, soft focus finish, buildable coverage, and sticks on really well on the brows without staining the skin. It's so good to use when you want an ombre brow look and man, my brows look as if it's groomed by a makeup artist every time I use this brow powder! It's long- wearing, but not waterproof, and ideal for use by anyone, even if you're a pro or beginner in makeup.

L- with eyebrow gel in Lady
R- eyebrow duo in Empress

The eyebrow gel is pretty pigmented and Lady is a golden brown shade; it's like MAC Girl Boy so if you're looking for a dupe, this is good. It lightens brows significantly and I can see this becoming handy when I dye my hair a lighter shade of brown, but at the moment, I use it sparingly and only on the edge of my brows for a full ombre look. It yields good hold and staying power is great: it stays on the whole day with very minimal fading, but doesn't give brow strands a 'crispy', flattened look.

Eyeshadow palette in Señorita: Lust on central lower lid, Sangria on inner lid and outer crease, Fantasia on above crease, Beso on inner eye flap and tearduct; Glitter Liner in Pearl; False Eyelashes in Tyra

I love the colors of Señorita though I think the color combination is more for advanced makeup aficionados; if you're new to makeup or you want something good for everyday, try Amore.

As for the glitter liner, I love Pearl! I use it on my upper lids and to perk up my lower lash line. It's pretty long- lasting; it lasted a whole night of partying on my oily lids!

So far, I like 99% of what I got from Téviant! High quality stuff and it's prolly the prettiest Filipino makeup brand I have seen; it's clearly for the high end market with its price point, but if you want to treat yourself for the holidays, I recommend the eyeshadow palette, glitter liner, falsies, and eyebrow powder!

What are you liking from Téviant so far? Which product/s will you get?

TÈVIANT MAKEUP COLLECTION RATING

Please visit TÈVIANT COSMETICS on Facebook for more information and TÈVIANT OFFICIAL WEBSITE to order.

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Wow! He's like, my fave local make up artist! So glad his products actually perform well! The products kinda give me this local Charlotte Tilbury vibe. Promising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eye looks and packaging 🤩🤩🤩

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness I found this review again!!! I know this is an old post and I read this one before but I really had to know and double check on your thoughts about the eyeshadow palette—the products—before buying the it!

    Your reviews are so helpful 😘

    Thanks as always!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)