PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH NATURAL IN DEEP DARK




Here's my initial review on MAC MINERALIZE SKINFINISH NATURAL IN DEEP DARK


PRICE: 1500PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: MAC, GLORIETTA 3

OTHER LOCATIONS: MAC OUTLETS IN MARIONNAUD, SM MALL OF ASIA, RUSTANS, SHANGRI- LA MALL AND POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL (SOON TO OPEN)




THE VERDICT: 


The MSF products of MAC made a big wave in the "BAKED COSMETICS RAVE" in the cosmetic industry because it promised good coverage without looking too made- up. It has tiny glimmers in it that enables your make- up to catch light, therefore making you look glowing or luminous. The MSF powders are baked, not pressed, therefore making make- up look more natural and making the color pay- off more vibrant, without looking too cakey. 




I bought my MSF in deep dark around year 2007. This is one of my first products when I got into the addiction. When it's newly bought, it's a dome- shaped powder that bulges out of the compact, making it seem that you get much out of your 1500php. I just wish they include a sponge or a mini powder. 


The reason why I bought Deep Dark is because I am in need of a contouring powder.


Well, a little goes a long way. It's now 2009 and I haven't hit the pan of my MSF yet. It just goes to show that it has excellent coverage because a little goes a long way.



As you can see in the swatch, it's kinda' light. I applied the color 5 times on my hand and as you can see, the color ain't overpowering yet. A good building of the color can give you the color you want but for some weird and wonderful reason, when you apply this on the parts of your face that need contouring, it just becomes pigmented all of a sudden! Maybe it just works well on the defined or dominant areas on your face particularly the cheeks, cheek bones, temples, jaw lines and nose line. Then I found out that the sole purpose behind the mineralize products of MAC is for the product to look as natural as it can be. Bobby Carlos, a professional make- up artist even recommends MAC's MSF in Deep Dark because it's so natural, it just imitates the natural shades and contour of your face, so you won't look too chiseled or too square.



So if you're planning to get a good contouring powder, I highly recommend this one. If you want a highlighter to further define your face, I suggest you get your lightest shade in the MSF line or wait for the SCULPT AND SHAPE powder that's included in the Dsquared collection. :D


Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. i have the same one but i dont use it for contouring.

    this is actually my everyday face powder for the summer. im darker right now so this one if just perfect. it feels light and like what you said, you dont need a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. becky: i totally love this. i'd love to use this as my face powder but i hate that it doesn't have a sponge or brush in it. :p

    rhaindropz: i'll check. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. :) For an NC40, will medium work also as an everyday powder? (worn alone) Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)