THE CRIMSON SEASON: TRY A RED LIP FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Remember those movies where you'll see pretty pale girls with pink flushed cheeks wearing dainty bonnets and scarves walking in the snow and are being followed by the perfect boy-next-door?

If there's one thing common about these girls, it's their red lips. Beautiful, cherry lips that somehow look wonderful and apt for the holidays.

So why not sport a red lip this holiday season? Here are my personal faves for you to see. And who knows? You might find your perfect red lippie! :)

MAC RETRO MATTE LIPSTICK IN RUBY RED

Ruby Woo is a lovely ruby red color. It is darker than Russian Red but it looks somewhat bright on the lips when worn. 

REVLON MATTE LIPSTICK IN 006 REALLY RED

Really red is a true red lipstick color. It is a universally flattering skin tone, and is the cheaper alternative to Russian Red. The only difference is, it's a bit muted than the bright red hue of Russian Red.

MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN DIVA

MAC Diva is a burgundy shade with a deep brown undertone. It is dark in actual and is perfect for those who want to sport a more vampy look.

ELIZABETH ARDEN CERAMIDE PLUMP PERFECT LIPSTICK IN PERFECT CASSIS

Perfect Cassis is a pink- red lipstick. It's perfect for those who prefer a not-so-screaming red lippie.

MAC MATTE LIPSTICK IN RUSSIAN RED

Russian Red is a blue- based red. It is a universally flattering shade of red for any skin tone.

MAC Red is a cherry red color

CHANEL ROUGE ALLURE LAQUE  75 DRAGON

Dragon is a brick red color. It's bit dark but is absolutely gorgeous. Makes skin look fresh and the overall look pretty.

I find myself wearing Chanel more often since I'm so lovin' it's color right now. 

WHAT ARE OUR FAVORITE RED LIPPIES? :)

Post a Comment

6 Comments

  1. I haven't found my ultimate red. I think I wanna check out Ruby Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shu RD 165, very similar to Ruby Woo! I love it because when it fades, it fades evenly so you can be carefree with this one but it stays on a long long time. One time I went to a wedding and we ate a lot of stuff but after the lovely dinner RD 165 stayed put.

    Now I know when I think of previous Chinese actresses they're always in red lippies! It looks pretty on pale skin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina: ruby woo is promise. trust me. you might wanna check out lady danger as well. :) it's also from mac. :)

    chelle:yep. especially on chinitas. but it looks equally good on morena and medium skinned ladies as well. somewhat like megan fox. :)

    ruby woo stays put. kaso it's a bit drying kasi uber matte talaga ang finish. as in no moisture at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comparison! I love MAC Red.. wanna buy Russian red next time.. and Oh, btw, in case you dont know NYX chaos is the dupe of MAC red.. =) I have some swatches on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg nw I pissed I didn't get that Revlon in my BOGO buy. I really like matte lipsticks and that red is awesome. Red lips are too hott!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kim: thanks for the tip sis! :) i suggest ruby woo also. but russian red will always be my first love. :)

    rayqueenbee: it's a must- have! it's a cheap alternative for mac's russian red imo. great texture too!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)