PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: GRAFTOBIAN HI-DEF GLAMOUR CREME FOUNDATION (DESERT SAND)

Here's an initial review on GRAFTOBIAN HI-DEF GLAMOUR CREME IN DESERT SAND

PRICE: 900PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: http://hdmakeup.multiply.com
OTHER LOCATIONS: ONLINE

SITE DESCRIPTION (from hdmakeup):
Graftobian Beauty Makeup is such a critical component of our line for both professional makeup artists and for everyday cosmetic users as well. Our Hi-Def Glamour Cremes, as coined by Mariannce Skiba, one of the Key Makeup Artists on TV's super popular "Law & Order", are ideal for Hi-Definition makeup whether or not you're in front of a camera. 

This formula is soft and silky, light enough for everyday use, but with enough coverage to perform through even the most demanding of circumstances while yielding a flawless finish.


THE VERDICT:

I have this fixation for foundations so when I saw this online, I immediately placed an order. One thing that convinced me to purchase this is that it's an HD makeup, so it's perfect for film, theatre, photography and TV.

Desert Sand is my exact match. I'm an NC42 in MAC and it just went perfectly with my skin tone.


The pot is quite small. If you're familiar with the old packaging of Bobbi Brown's powder blushes, it's the same size as the pot of Graftobian's hi-def foundation. But it's kinda' full and I can pretty much gauge that this will last me long because it has an excellent quality.

Here's a swatch of Desert Sand. It has a yellow undertone, perfect for asian skin. But when applied, it disappears to nothingness, making it a perfect HD foundation.

Here's the foundation on my face. The consistency is cream, but it's not sticky and thick. It's a silky- textured cream that glides and blends well and easily. You don't have to wait for seconds before you set this with powder because it dries right after applying it on your face!

It also lasted me throughout the day without caking, smearing or running. It doesn't have any scent at all and the coverage is fantastic! It covers greatly without looking too cakey. Another plus, it is buildable because it is made for professional use.

Graftobian promises that their products are versatile: professional to everyday. Well, I'm quite impressed because the hi-def glamour creme lived up to the Graftobian promise!

Will I buy this again? Of course! It's pretty cheap and great convenient in the bag. But I have too much foundies. I have to empty at least two bottles first before buying a Graftobian again.

I WANT MORE GRAFTOBIAN STUFF!

MUST- TRYS:
Graftobian Powder Foundation
Graftobian HD Creme Palette

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. That looks really good! :) I honestly haven't heard of this brand and I cannot wait to get my hands on them. Lol. Thanks for the tip!

    http://skincareandmakeupreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want I want one now!!!!!! Im convinced on getting the palette since I really can;t decide on a color hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. M: Thanks for stopping by my blog! hope you could follow. :)

    YAY! Can't wait for you to purchase and review it na (BI mode) :)

    Caby: Actually the palette is good if you want to have a variety of colors. in my case, i still have my kryolan supracolor palette. i just need this exact shade match for up close shoots and theatre plays. :p

    I'm almost tempted to get the palette. good thing i was able to resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im very glad about your feedback! I use that too for all my gigs, weddings, photoshoot, editorials and for my personal use too! and i just love it soo much.


    Here are a few tips in ensuring a smooth application of Graftobian HD foundation:

    1) Graftobian is very highly pigmented and as such, you only a small amount to cover your face

    2) Scoop foundation and spread it evenly and thinly onto your mixing palette. Doing this will ensure that you will pick-up and apply a small amount of foundation at any one time. You may use a sponge or a brush but the most effective that we have used so far is the Beautyblender (for a flawless airbrush finish).

    warm 1 / cool 1 : the lightest color for my concealing and highlighting under eyes blending it upward to the side, t-zone, side of the nose and lips

    warm 2 / cool 2: use the darkest color for contouring


    Combination of warm 1 and 2 i use it as foundation, mix and match your color base ( its really a good deal specially for makeup artist coz you have all the shades in just 2 pallets)


    www.hdmakeup.multiply.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. stefie: thank you so much! expect me to drop by soon. i'm still eyeing for one 2 more occ lip tars. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. pwede rin tong gamiton as concealer? Im lemming for their palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had put in an order for this f/d from a USA website because of a blogger review and they said it was out of stock after getting my other stuff. It was mostly the one thing I was looking forward to try and now with your review I can't wait. BTW what did you use to apply it: stippling brush, regular f/d brush or other face brush?

    ReplyDelete
  8. kim: pwede. yung hd cream palette may lightest to darkest so i suppose yun ang pang-concealer. :)

    rayqueenbee: hello! thanks for dropping by my blog. i've never heard of this make-up and when i've read good reviews about this, i immediately placed an order!

    i only used my hands in applying and blending this one. but sponges are the best matches for this type of foundation. the one whom i bought it from said that beauty blender will work well on this cream foundation but in my case, i love using my fingers. even on any foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey im so glad i found this post. I just bought the graftobian warm foundation palette in 18 shades and im an nc24 but i feel like dessert sand is a bit too dark for me. I mix buttermilk with it. I dunno..i might try dessert sand by itself one more time because it looks really good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Martha. :) Is it just me or does it look a bit cakey on your undereye? Anyways I have been wantng this but I also the Kryolan TV Paint Stick :( Please help, if you really really had to choose between both, what would you pick?
    Thanks a bunch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. becky: the distributor here only sells 3 colors for the single pot. good thing desert sand perfectly blended on my skin. :)

    ladychris: i noticed that also. and i also think that the angle from which I took the pic from highlighted the foundation too much. but in actual, nope, it's not cakey. but it should be blended well pa rin. :)

    i'd choose this over kryolan tv paint stick because it's more handy and convenient to bring.

    in terms of quality, both are good. but this is cheaper than kryolan. :) the only con of graftobian is, shade selection is limited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really appreciated your review.
    but i really have to ask what's other foundation shade that you use?
    desert sand also the exact match for me but I have oily skin so it's not really good. I need to find other foundation with same shade with that. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)