PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: LAURA MERCIER MATTE EYESHADOW (NOIR)

Here's an initial review on LAURA MERCIER MATTE EYESHADOW IN NOIR

PRICE: 895PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: RUSTANS, MAKATI CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: ALABANG TOWN CENTER; SHANGRI- LA MALL, ORTIGAS

THE VERDICT:

I've been having a bit of a problem with MAC's matte eyeshadows. They're very hard to spread and they have the tendency to blotch when not blended right away. So I sold it and embarked on a search for the perfect matte black eyeshadow. Matte eyeshadows (most especially black) are very important in my profession. And besides, it's a basic color in every make- up stash.

So I decided to get LM's matte eyeshadow. It's part of my Xmas make- up loot. Finally, here's what I have to say:

It comes in the signature LM chocolate- brown glazed compact. Pan is quite big in terms of width and the compact has a built- in mirror which is very convenient when touching- up or in any occasion where a pocket mirror will come in handy.

The texture of the eyeshadow is quite chalky. It feels even more loose than MAC's. But what I love about it is, it blends easily. But one con is, since it's more loose, it has the tendency to fall on my cheeks and stain the rest of my make- up. Just make sure you apply loose powder under your eyes so it'll come off without staining your face.

The eyeshadow on moi eyes. :)

In terms of staying power, It stayed put the whole day. Take note that the eyeshadow was tested under harsh performance conditions (e.g. extreme sweating, humid air, and hot lights). It never creased nor streaked! I applied Kryolan's eyeshadow base first (which is a very good e/s primer) then the eyeshadow. Both made lovely music together! :)

Will I buy this again? Of course! I think I've finally found the perfect black matte eyeshadow. It's cheaper (compared to other high- end brands), pigmented and stays put. I'm lovin' it! I'm actually interested to try other LM eyeshadow shades. :)


Post a Comment

0 Comments