YOU GOTTA HATE SALE EVENTS SOMETIMES

So I set my day yesterday for L'oreal's Grand Sale at the Robinson's Equitable Tower, Ortigas.

I arrived there at around 1:30 P.M.. And to my surprise, the 23rd fl. is jam- packed with people! From men to women, all are awaiting in the 23rd fl. for the formal opening of the venue to the public, when in fact the venue should be opened at exactly 1 PM!

I've been to different Grand Sales: Lux Asia, MAC exclusive Sale, Shu Uemura exclusive sale; but so far, this has got to be the worst sale I've been to. EVER.

Okay let me present my points.

Number 1- It is freakishly hot in the 23rd fl. It was so congested and if you have asthma, you will definitely die in there 'cos of the heat. And if you have pneumonia, then congratulations, you have started an epidemic. There aren't any electric fans just to at least appease the customers from all the heat! I was already wearing a tank top, a pair of couture shorts, and flip flops. But I can still feel my sweat trickling down from my forehead. What more for those women in office wear and heels!

Number 2- The first come first- served system: Oh you gotta hate this. For Christ's sake. It's an open sale! It's not invitational even! So why won't they let people in??? The receptionist told me that they can only accommodate 50 people inside the venue. I came in as Visitor #124. So if you're #51, sorry, but you gotta come back the next day. It is so irritating, disappointing, and frustrating. I set my day up for this sale (I'm sure Visitor #51 until #123 did too) and this is what I'm (we're) gonna get? I've always expected these sales to open in the "Filipino Time" standard (and I am right indeed) so I came in at 1:30 PM. Is this a Wowowee kind of thing? They'd expect me to be there at 4 AM to fall in line? HECK NO. I've seen girls who came out of the building with droopy faces and talking in high- pitched voices which is a sign of a major ranting. They probably came from far places or might have given up some plans for this sale.

Number 3- You know what's more worse than the first- come- first- served basis system? They only allow 3 people per batch inside the venue. I'm pretty sure they can't give them a time limit. I'm sure these people won't take that!

And if you're just out for a lunch break, good luck. While you're falling in line, think of alibis to tell your boss regarding why your lunch break was for 3 hours!

And here's the problem with this kind of system: if you're number 50, good luck on whatever left- overs that you can find worthy of your hard- earned cash. You just wasted a good 1- 2 hours of your time falling in line for second- best stuff!

And you know what's worse than shopping for left- over stuff? BUYER'S REMORSE! You'll probably realize that you didn't really need what you bought. You just had to buy something so your wasted time won't be too bad (I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's really wasted).

AND THE WORST PART OF IT ALL:

Okay, if you signed in as #51, it automatically means you'll be part of the priority the next day.

I asked the receptionist if ever I come today, I'll be part of the priority batch 'cos we were asked to sign the log book for our names and numbers and were informed to return the next day

"Ay sorry po, 'di po ganun ma'm".

SO WHAT'S THE POINT OF SIGNING IN THE FRIKKIN' LOG BOOK?!?!?!

L'oreal's sale events should improve. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Great products, yet poor management.

And so as not to totally disappoint my day, I just went to Robinson's Galleria to stroll and searched the boutiques for something to buy so my Ortigas trip won't be a total waste of time.

And at least, this made my day. I've been on the search for a black tube top in this style. And I found this in the brand Loe and Co. from Robinson's Dept. Store. And it's on a 10% sale! How coool is that? Finding the perfect top on sale??? :)

And I got myself this cute Robinson's Dept. Store exclusive Mickey Mouse canvass bags. I always like the vintage Mickey better than the new one. I'd use this to store some notebooks, books, pencil case and some stuff 'cos I'm feeling that the handles of my Longchamp large tote is not in a very good condition...Jeez...


HAVE A GREAT DAY AHEAD!

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. I just saw this post (yeah, you might have a bug somewhere) and I have to tell you I was there at the Loreal sale! Good thing I have a friend who works in Loreal and he let me in, because he already reserved items for me so I don't have to do the whole signing up thing. I've been to three Loreal F&F sales already, and that was, by far, the worst.

    I went in at around 1:30pm and got out at 8:00pm! That's how long the line was. Anyway, I got hold of a lot of Lancome and Shu Uemura so I didn't regret a single minute of it haha.

    I have upcoming reviews of the products I bought in my blog. BTW, you have a nice blog. Who does your layout?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diega: are you referring to arkel? I even asked him to reserve some stuff for me but I ended up buying other stuff instead. He's also my friend btw. :)

    Ugh. makes me not want to go to another l'oreal sale. :p

    Post what you got! How low did the shu and lancome stuff go? I just needed a concealer from shu. :(

    thanks for following and visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)