PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: BOBBI BROWN SHIMMER BRICK IN PLATINUM PINK

Here's an initial review on BOBBI BROWN SHIMMER BRICK IN PLATINUM PINK


PRICE: MOM AND I COMPLETELY FORGOT THE PRICE IN BAHT. BUT THIS RETAILS LOCALLY AT 2450PHP

PLACE BOUGHT: THAI AIRPORT

OTHER LOCATIONS: BOBBI BROWN STORES (RUSTANS, SHANGRI- LA AND RUSTANS, MAKATI CITY); BOBBI BROWN ONLINE; CCOs


THE VERDICT:


I know for a fact that Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick is one of her best- selling products. Apart from it being expensive, I'm not really the type of gal who would dust shimmer all over my face on a daily basis. In fact, I don't even dust shimmer all over my face even on special occasions! So I wasn't really inclined to purchase one, though the Shimmer Brick in Nectar from the Cabana Corals collection looks really enticing.


This Shimmer Brick is part of a collection. The shade and packaging are LE. The compact looks very classy, which is a signature of Bobbi Brown cosmetics. But the compact is so huge and thick, it eats up the space in my make- up kit!

Platinum Pink goes off as a silver shade with various pink undertones (rose, baby pink, light pink). And the gold- silver strip gives the color a different dimension by giving the shade a hint of gold.

Here's a pic of the shades. I've swatched per strip at the back of my hand. And the vertical strip is the outcome when all of the colors are combined.


This baby goes off REALLY shimmery. I even had to blot my face with tissue to lessen the shimmer on my face! But the good thing about it is, it actually tells me that the pigmentation of the shimmer brick is very good. This shimmer brick can also double as an eyeshadow palette.

Here's moi with the shimmer brick dusted on the apples of my cheeks and on the bridge of my nose (okay I don't have a visible nose bridge. But that's what it's called :)). It gives my face a nice illuminating effect. To achieve a natural glowing effect, be careful not to go overboard. Slowly but surely, build the shimmer on the apples of your cheeks. That way, you can control the amount of shimmer that you want to put on your face. In my opinion, this is not advisable though to dust on the clavicles because of the obvious pink undertone. I've tried this on my clavicles and it gave this HEY-LOOK-I'M-WEARING- AN-OBVIOUS- SILVER-PINK-SHIMMER-ON-MY-DECOLLETAGE-BECAUSE-IT-MAKES-ME-HOLLYWOOD-RED-CARPET-WORTHY-WOOHOO! effect. You may actually, but that's unless you want to look like bicentennial (wo)man.


I like it, but I don't love it. Because as aforementioned, I'm no fan of shining, shimmery, splendid make- ups. But I'm happy 'cos it's so sweet of mom to get this for me. It's a win- win situation for us too. She got to pick the color that she likes. If I had it my way, I'll get the Nectar Shimmer Brick. And, I've finally fed my curiosity on shimmer bricks. I don't see myself using this everyday, but I know that this will come handy as of the moment because it's summer time.

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. hello martha. how ru? i missed you.

    i am starting to get curious about bobbi brown. ok kaya ang lipstick nila?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love how radiant you look. Ive never tried using shimmers on my face since I usually get a wee bit oily as soon as i step outside the house haha. I passed by bobbi brown just a few weeks ago and saw this different shades though more of corals and peaches, so pretty! =) not a big fan of shimmer too though

    ReplyDelete
  3. jing: i missed you too sis! hehe. :)

    im good. hope you're doing fine as well. :)

    oo sis. kung kasing price nga to ng mac i'd definitely buy their products more often. the foundations are really nice. and if you're looking for nice natural lipstick shades, bobbi brown has 'em. :)

    sush: thanks sis! :) that's the nectar shimmer brick! i love that. i think it'll compliment my tan more. this pink- hued shimmer brick just added some silver sheen on my face. nothing really special about it. i think it'll work well on fair- skinned ladies. but hey, it's better to have one than nothing at all. :)

    sofia: thanks sis! :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)