PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MAYBELLINE UNSTOPPABLE NATURAL BROW LINER IN BLACK

Here's an initial review on MAYBELLINE UNSTOPPABLE NATURAL BROW LINER IN BLACK

PRICE: EEP! I COMPLETELY FORGOT HOW MUCH I GOT THIS. BUT PROLLY IT'S AROUND 150PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: PCX STORE, POWERPLANT MALL, ROCKWELL, MAKATI CITY
OTHER LOCATIONS: MAYBELLINE COUNTERS


THE VERDICT:

I've always mused about Ever Bilena Eye Liner Pencil as my HG eyeliner. But there's always an opportunity to try something new.

The problem with my EB eyeliner is, it's too pigmented. It's also meant for brow usage. But if you have heavy hands, you'll end up with hey-I-went-overboard-with-my-eyeliner kind of brows.

In my four years of usage, I've developed the skill to deal with my Ever Bilena eyeliner. But there are tough days sometimes, where I have to deal with ugly brows. When I'm in a hurry or I'm not in the mood to prep my face up, I end up with bad brows. It really takes time and effort to get a soft look from my EB eyeliner.

Eyebrows are essential in the overall make- up look because it defines the face. So good thing, there are eyeliners developed for our beauty arches.

I've told you guys that I wouldn't spend a thousand bucks for an eyeliner because I solely believe that there are cheap eyeliners out there that are at par with the expensive ones.

I saw this in Maybelline's rack in PCX and got one for meself. :)


Let's now review the product.


Maybelline's Unstoppable brow liner comes with a brow brush which makes this product great. The brow brush is not too big, and the compactness of the brush makes it good for precise brow grooming and eyeliner smudging.

Here's a pic of the swatches of the eyeliner. The left swatch is the eyeliner when built up. The one on the right is smudged using the brow brush.

Can you even tell that I'm wearing an eyeliner? Some say that you should use dark brown eyeliners to line your brows because it makes the features look softer. I beg to disagree. It really shows what eyeliner shade you're wearing. And I don't want to look unnatural. Besides, my hair is black, and one major beauty rule is, the shade of your brows should match the shade of your hair.

They say black eyeliner can make the face look mature or can make the features look too strong. I beg to disagree again. It just takes a steady hand, feathery strokes and a bit of smudging to soften the black color.

Will I buy this again? Of course! It looks very natural and the chalky-to-creamy consistency of the eyeliner makes it a perfect brow liner. The consistency helps you from not going overboard, whether you have heavy or light hands. And one major thing, it's cheap! Good job Maybelline!

Post a Comment

0 Comments