MEET HOBBES

Here's a side of me that most of you would probably find surprising.

I may look superbly feminine and womanly, but there's a fondness in me that will forever stay.

I love toys.

Yes, you've read it right. These inanimate objects have once captured my heart, and they still do until this very day. If not for the beagle and labrador who would deliberately chew on them, I would probably amass a huge collection of stuffed toys and dolls.

I was a weird kid. I talk to my stuffed toys most of the time. I would even bring one to school because I used to not like my classmates. For me, my stuffed toys are the best friends ever.

I also love cartoons and comics. My classmates in grade school would wave their new copies of sweet valley high in class, and boast that they're the most updated SVH fans ever. But I would just stay in one corner, pull out my Calvin and Hobbes comic book, and read and fascinate at Calvin and Hobbes' weird yet wonderful friendship. I was a huge fan of the book. How I wished before that my stuffed toys were real!

My idea of a great friendship. :)

I dropped by Animaland, The Fort High Street yesterday to get my cousin in the US a stuffed bear. I'd have my balikbayan tito bring it with him home to the states.

I was so fascinated at the cute stuffed toys, waiting to be brought home. And right then and there, the child in me was awakened. I instantly remembered Hobbes, and how I saw myself as a girl version of Calvin. And to relive my childhood fantasy, I brought myself home my own Hobbes.

:))))

Martha and Hobbes! I know it's a rip- off, but who cares! I get to live my fantasy!

Now let's see if I wake up in the wee hours of the night to a snoring oversized tiger beside me. :)

Post a Comment

0 Comments