FOUNDATION DAY

Today, I am going to show you my humble foundation collection. Foundation is one of my must- haves for everyday use. It makes my skin look its best. I don’t really need foundation for daily use because I don’t have much to conceal on my skin. I guess foundation is just one of my favourite make- ups, next to lipstick.

Each foundation has a different use. The foundation brand I use depends on what kind of look I want to have on a particular day. Read on and you might also find a particular foundation that will suit your need.

L-R: My shades for the following foundation brands MAC (NW33;NC42,NC43),GIORGIO ARMANI (4) NARS (SYRACUSE), TOO FACED (HONEY TAN, WARM HONEY), LAURA MERCIER (ALMOND)

SHADES FOR POWDER FOUNDATION BRANDS: MAC (NC42, NC43), SEPHORA (D35 WARM NATURAL, D40 TAN)

IF I WANT TO HAVE A “SECOND- SKIN” LOOK, I USE MAC STUDIO FIX FLUID FOUNDATION

The medium to heavy coverage gives your skin a different look and feel. I use it on days wherein I have to go to an event, or to a semi- special occasion. I use it on “hubby days” too

IF MY SKIN LOOKS TIRED AND WRINKLY DUE TO LACK OF SLEEP, I USE GIORGIO ARMANI FACE FABRIC FOUNDATION

This amazing cream to powder- like liquid foundation sets in to fine lines, which gives an impression of a smooth facial skin. It dresses my skin by giving it a faux healthy look on days when my skin doesn’t want to cooperate.

IF I WANT GLOWING SKIN, I USE NARS FIRMING FOUNDATION

The creamy formula gives my skin a healthy sheen. It also makes skin look flawless.

IF I WANT A LIGHT YET PERFECT, AND UNDETECTABLE COVERAGE, I USE TOO FACED AMAZING FACE LIQUID FOUNDATION

This light- medium coverage water- based foundation is just like my favorite, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. It amazingly hides blemishes and neutralizes skin tone, making it close-up - worthy. It’s also best to use if the weather is extra humid.

IF I DON’T WANT TO USE FOUNDATION, I USE LAURA MERCIER OIL- FREE TINTED MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 15

I use it on beach trips and on wanderlusting days. It doesn’t feel like foundation, yet it covers like foundation. It gives my skin a natural glow. Plus, it doesn’t feel hot on the face when I’m out and about under the sun.

L- R: MAC AND SEPHORA

IF I’M ON A HURRY, I USE MY POWDER FOUNDATIONS (MAC STUDIO FIX POWDER PLUS FOUNDATION AND SEPHORA MATTIFYING COMPACT POWDER FOUNDATION)

For grocery and emergency trips, and lazy days, I pick up my powder foundies. Open. Apply. Close. Then I’m good to go.

ARE YOU A FOUNDATION LOVER? THE BEAUTY JUNKEE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR FOUNDATION COLLECTION!

Post a Comment

7 Comments

  1. i love this post. and thanks to you, i'm also enjoying nars syracuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you carl! :D I don't want to enjoy my Nars. I can't shell out 2k+ on a foundation as of the moment in case I use this up. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very helpful! I didn't know that there are so many kind of foundations. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. senorita: thank you! keep on reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi! so glad i discovered your blog! i'm also an nc42 and looking for a liquid foundation that will give a dewy finish, not too matte :) it sounds like the giorgio armani, nars and too face fit the bill, hehe. question though, do you still powder over these foundations? thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! i noticed you've reviewed new foundations like koh den go, clinique, and the one from inglot :) will you be updating your HG list? would love to read it :)

    and may i know what foundation you were wearing in your "what's up" review? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine DacanayMay 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM

    I think the Nars foundie suits you best :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)