SCENT FOCUS: RALPH BY RALPH LAUREN EDT FOR WOMEN

Here's an initial review on RALPH BY RALPH LAUREN EDT FOR WOMEN 100ML

PRICE: 2300php

PLACE BOUGHT: MY STORE :)

OTHER LOCATIONS: MALL; DIRECT SELLERS; http://leperfumerie.multiply.com

DESCRIPTION (TAKEN FROM FRAGRANTICA.COM)

Ralph by Ralph Lauren is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Ralph was launched in 2000. The nose behind this fragrance is Alain Alchenberger. Top notes are japanese osmanthus, apple leaf and italian mandarin; middle notes are magnolia, , boronia and yellow freesia; base notes are musk and white iris.

THE VERDICT:

Light, crisp, and succulent-as-fruit scents are staples for summertime. Here in the Philippines, Summer is extended for some weird reason (possibly, climate change). May is where we experience warmer days with slight rainfall. But until now, the heat is still scorching. May is also the time when I start leaning towards warmer floral scents to celebrate the damp and cool Springtime.

I've been wearing light scents since March, so my warmer floral scents are on a hiatus. I've tried wearing 'em but the opulent scent sorta' chokes me 'cos the weather is freakishly hot.

This brings me now to a review on Ralph by Ralph Lauren for women EDT.

It is an intoxicating bowl of fruits with apple as the dominating note. At first spray, you get an overdose of fruit. Then after a few seconds, the magnolia starts settling in to tame the rich, fruity scent. It dries down to still, a fruity gourmand with a hint of musk. It smells light, but can be quite overpowering if you spray too much of it. Staying power is good for an EDT. Lasts at around 3- 4 hours.

Ralph by Ralph Lauren for women is a watery scent that would appeal to a younger audience, especially those who live in a tropical country. Beach babes will also delight in this perfume. In my perfume store, this is one of the best- sellers. It's a cool and refreshing scent that keeps you smelling clean even if you sweat profusely. However, I do get tired of the scent 'cos until the dry down, it still smells like apple.

I quite understand now why young people (Filipinas in particular) would make this their staple scent. YOUNG is what I will describe this perfume in a word. As for me, I am better off with my Eclat D' Arpege because I love layers in my scent. I hate raining on anyone's parade, but for me, this perfume lacks character. It may have been one of the benchmarks for fruity floral scents, but for me, it smells common.

**Get a 100ml sealed, brand new stock from MY PERFUME STORE. Guaranteed authentic, or your money back. :)

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. i love this scent. i already finished two 100 ml bottles of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kath: yay! your staple scent. I'm selling this though. Not my cup of tea. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)