KYLIE MINOGUE'S BEAUTY SECRET: POND'S COLD CREAM


All it took was a word from Kylie.

Miss Minogue's admission that she uses Pond's Cold Cream has sent sales of the traditional beauty treatment through the roof.

There has long been speculation over how Miss Minogue, who turns 42 on Friday, has kept her skin looking so youthful.


Youthful: Kylie Minogue, seen at her management offices yesterday, says her enviable wrinkle-free skin is down to using Pond's Cold Cream






Traditional: The £3.99 cream has been a beauty favourite for many years


While she has admitted having Botox injections in the past, she says she now only uses Pond's.

It is based on a cleanser used in Greece almost 2,000 years ago - an emulsion of water and certain fats.


The lotion, which has been around for 100 years, sells for £3.99 for a 75ml pot in Boots.

Miss Minogue has admitted she has started using it every day following the advice of her mother Carol.

'It's really changed my skin,' she said. 'It's all I really use to look after my skin. It's such an old classic.

'My mum uses it and it really does work. It's made such a difference.'

Yesterday Pond's, which is owned by multi-national company Unilever, said there had been a staggering reaction to Miss Minogue's comments.

Sales were up by 120 per cent.

'We're calling it "the Kylie effect", and it has been dramatic, to say the least,' said a spokesman.
'It's been crazy. Stockists are increasing their orders and we've had to up our product orders pretty dramatically.'

Miss Minogue said she had stopped having Botox and would never have cosmetic surgery.




She added: 'People want to check behind my ears for surgery scars. But I don't have any. I wouldn't want to go under the knife. You're not yourself if you do that.'

Miss Minogue, who has been dating Spanish model Andres Velencoso for more than 18 months, said she was comfortable with her age.

She said: 'I'm healthy, I'm with a man I love and I'm happy. It feels good. So I have to embrace my age, I have lines just like the next girl now.'

**Cross posting from The Daily Mail

Post a Comment

2 Comments

  1. please tell me where can i purchase this. watsons don't have it and ive checked out supermarkets too they don't have it also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello andrea! This particular tub can only be purchased from px stores and S&R supermarket. The cold cream sold in malls are the smaller versions. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this post! :)