PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: THE FACE SHOP FACE AND IT LIPSTICK IN PP401

Here's an initial verdict on THE FACE SHOP FACE AND IT LIPSTICK IN PP401

PRICE: 695PHP
PLACE BOUGHT: THE FORT HIGH STREET
OTHER LOCATIONS: OTHER TFS BOUTIQUES NATIONWIDE

THE VERDICT:

It has been a long time since I made my last purchase from The Face Shop. I used to love TFS. In fact, I even used it in my theatrical performances. As my knowledge with make- up improved over the years, I've realized that The Face Shop was just one of those hyped up make- up brands. Don't get me wrong, they're not too great, but not too bad either. TFS caters to a select customer range. And they are those who have porcelain and fair skin tones.

Their shades are too pale for my skin tone. And truth be told, the products do not last even right before Act 1 ended. But in all fairness to their skin care products, they're good, and I never had any adverse reactions to any skin care product I have tried.

Over the years, I have noticed a slight mark- up in their prices. But still, they're cheaper than Skinfood. But the introduction of another famous Korean make- up line in the Philippines, Etude House has proved to be a great competitor for The Face Shop.

But The Face Shop will always be one of the well- loved brands in the country. It's relatively cheap, good, and they have established themselves in the country.

In one of my recent trips, a LOT of new make- up has been introduced. This just goes to show that I REALLY haven't been to a TFS branch for quite a looong time. And I'm glad it took me a while because my recent visit was all worth it. Boy, I was having a hard time keeping my eyes off the make- up counters. I kept on telling myself, "Martha, you're only here for the bath sponge!"

But alas, I gave in. I spoiled meself with a tube of lipstick. The lipstick tubes in the color violet really caught my eye. They're so cute!

In my observation, The Face Shop has become more playful with colors. Before, they only have reds, pinks, brown, and wine shades for their lipsticks. I have already spotted orange, bubblegum pink, nude, tangerine, hot pink, and more colors that reminds me of the previous summer's color blocking trend.

Let's now scrutinize my purchase. The violet tube is made of sturdy plastic glass.


The lipsticks come in the MOISTURE and SEMI- MATTE variants. 'Moisture' is meant to deliver slick shine and deep moisturization during wear.


PP401 is from the Pink range. It is a rosy mauve color with a pink undertone.

The product is kinda' long, so you get your money's worth.

Here's a swatch taken under the "dome". It may be a bit dark for some, but when worn on the lips, it looks a nude-but-not-so-nude type of lipstick.

Here is moi wearing the lipstick. Lovely, ain't it? I've always loved pink lipsticks in this kind of shade. Almost nude, but with a trace of color. It's a great MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade!

Before taking a bath, I'm posing for you guys while wearing PP401.

Under natural lighting, this looks beautiful too. The pink undertone makes the lipstick noticeable. It's great for everyday use, and perfect to complement a natural make- up look. It has the dullness of nude lipsticks, yet it delivers a healthy pink flush.

The consistency is lightweight and creamy. Pigmentation is good. One swipe delivers a good amount of color. It really gives a good amount of shine during wear. But after a good two- three hours of wear, the shine fades along with some of the color, which goes to show that this only has good staying power. Drinking, eating, and smoking will definitely wipe the color out. The color may have the tendency to bleed around the corners of the lips due to the moisture in the lipstick. So I suggest that prior to use, line your lips with a lip liner to seal the color within the lips. It has a floral scent that goes away after a while. It also has a slight taste, which may not be favorable to some.

Overall, this is a good buy. It's not at par with MAC or some brands out there, but it has an appeal of its own. The lipstick color is lovely, and quality is pretty fine. No regrets with the purchase, but I don't see myself buying this again.

I suggest prior to purchasing is doing a road- test for the lipsticks. Also, if you're dreaming of owning St. Germain or Pink Nouveau, this line has similar colors.

Post a Comment

0 Comments